By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How big is your backlog before you stop buying new games?

The first 3 months of 2013 have been really busy for me. There are so many games that I wanted and bought regardless of my backlog. My current backlog is over 30 games right now and I have about another 8 new released on pre-order. My question is, how big is you backlog before you stop buying more games?

My current 2013 backlog:

• Tomb Raider
  • Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
  • Crysis 3
  • Dead Space 3
  • Gears of War: Judgement
  • DmC: Devil May Cry
  • Aliens Colonial
  • Ni No Kuni
  • Sly Cooper: Thieves in Times
  • Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
  • God of War: Acension
  • Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
  • Fire Emblem: Awakening
  • Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan
  • Bioshock Infinate 360 (incoming)
  • Lego City Undercover WiiU (incoming)
  • Monster Hunter 3DS (incoming)

Around the Network

huge backlog, i can top it though :D

1. finalfantasy vii
2. finalfantasy viii
3. finalfantasy vi
4. finalfantasy v
5. finalfantasy iv (playing now)
6. persona 2
7. persona 3 FES
8. far cry 3
9. tomb raider
10. Pokemon white 2
11. legend of dragoon
12. wild arms
13. grandia
14. resident evil 3
15. legend of zelda ocarina of time
16. arkham city
17. arkham asylm
18. vice city
19. ni no kuni
20.finalfantasy XIII
21. finalfantasy XIII-2
22. atalier ayesha
23. chrono trigger
24. chrono cross
25. dragon quest vii
26. San Andreas
27. gta III
28. trinity universe
29. tomb rider hd trilogy
30. 007 legends

lol... I think I have like 30 games still shrink wrapped and then there are like 30 games out of the shrink wrapping and I started the game up.. played maybe 1 or 2 hours and then go on the pile: "got to finish someday"

I still buy 3 ~ 4 games every month.. finish like maybe 1..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I can clear one out of your backlog for you: Throw away that Aliens game.

Anyway myself, I have stopped counting my backlog because it would make me sad. It is in the hundreds. Too much money and not enough gaming time, is a bad combination.

If I really want a game I buy it and stop playing whatever I'm at. Like right now I bought Bioshock Infinite and stopped playing Jak III.

My backlog right now is:

1. Bioshock Infinite (started)
2. Jak III (started)
3. Trials Evolution (PC) (started, play it when I can't use the TV)
4. Sly 4 (started, playing on Vita, maybe I'll continue on PS3 after Bioshock)
5. Dead Island Complete Edition (bought it on PSN for 10$)
6. Okami HD (PSN+ next week)
7. The Cave (PSN+ next week)
8. Joe Danger 2 (PSN+, I'll play a couple of levels when my backlog is cleared)

I'll play this shit before buying any new games, which will be Ni No Kuni, Prototype 2, Grid 2 and finally The Last of Us, for which I'll drop ANYTHING I'll be playing when it comes out :D

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Around the Network

My backlog reaches back to 1988 when I never finished that Microsoft Flight Simulator game.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

I have far too many games in my backlog to bother posting here (50+), but I try to wait and buy most of my games when they're $30 or less to slow down the evergrowing pile of games I've yet to play. Also, waiting a while before buying a game let's me suss out whether I actually want the game, or if I'm just buying into the hype.

Well ... currently I have about 40 physical games I have either yet to play or just started about 10 minutes in to see if they were functioning, and I have about 20 - 30 digital titles I have not touched yet. So, how big does my backlog have to be for me to stop buying? It doesn't matter to me really. If I see a game I am interested in at a deal I will make a purchase. I only spend $60 on games I intend to play now for now, even if it means only playing the campaign and neglecting the multiplayer. I bought GOW: A day one, finished it and loved it. I bought GoW: J day one, beat it and had a blast. Tomb Raider and Bioshock: Infinite are great games I intend to own, but I don't see myself playing them now, so I'll wait since I don't believe in spending 60 for backlog games.

I just picked up DmC (360), Team ICO HD collection and Zone of the Enders HD (360) at 20 each, and I have no intention of playing either of them now, but at that price I couldn't pass them up. I have about 100 games on my cart in Amazon between PS3, 360, Vita and 3DS. I don't mind spending 200 on games at a given moment, but it has to be worth it.

Funny thing is, when you have no money (no work), you don't have enough games to play.
When you can afford all the games you want, you don't have time to play them (because you have to work to get money and be able to afford).

bonkers555 said:

The first 3 months of 2013 have been really busy for me. There are so many games that I wanted and bought regardless of my backlog. My current backlog is over 30 games right now and I have about another 8 new released on pre-order. My question is, how big is you backlog before you stop buying more games?

My current 2013 backlog:

• Tomb Raider
  • Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
  • Crysis 3
  • Dead Space 3
  • Gears of War: Judgement
  • DmC: Devil May Cry
  • Aliens Colonial
  • Ni No Kuni
  • Sly Cooper: Thieves in Times
  • Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
  • God of War: Acension
  • Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
  • Fire Emblem: Awakening
  • Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan
  • Bioshock Infinate 360 (incoming)
  • Lego City Undercover WiiU (incoming)
  • Monster Hunter 3DS (incoming)

Holy ... do you buy every game that releases? I just looked at your list so far and you basically have all the major titles there.