By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How big is your backlog before you stop buying new games?

somewhere between 100-300 lol

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
somewhere between 100-300 lol

Hahaha...we are in the same boat.

swii26 said:
Its kinda silly to buy new games at launch if you have such a backlog... by the time you actually play it you could have saved yourself money buying it on sale or a reduced price.

I still have games I bought years ago that I haven't finished yet because I keep buying/moving on to new ones

You crazy? I don't pay full price for my games. I rarely pay full retail for a game.

bonkers555 said:
swii26 said:
Its kinda silly to buy new games at launch if you have such a backlog... by the time you actually play it you could have saved yourself money buying it on sale or a reduced price.

I still have games I bought years ago that I haven't finished yet because I keep buying/moving on to new ones

You crazy? I don't pay full price for my games. I rarely pay full retail for a game.

Smart shopper

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179

I thought my backlog was crazy, but seeing some of you guy's.

Mine is:
Bioshock Infinite (haven't started)
Fire Emblem Awakening (In progress)
Luigi's Mansion 2 (In progress)
Need For Speed Most wanted (haven't started)
Bioshock 2 (haven't started)
Spec Ops the line (in progress)
Trine 2 (in progress)
Super Metroid (in progress)
Metroid Prime (in progress)
Pikmin 2 ( in progress)
Vanquish (in progress)
Xenoblade (in progress)

Around the Network

Some of you guys have a lot to play.

Here is my current backlog:

Ni no Kuni
God of War Saga
Ratchet & Clank Collection
Ratchet & Clank Full Frontal Assault
Resident Evil 6

LittleBigPlanet Vita
Gravity Rush

Paper Mario Sticker Star

Super Paper Mario

No real reasons that hold me back from buying games. I just continue to buy, but I wont move on to the next gen successor of a platform until I'm down to a game or two. I still have to buy the Bioshock and Mass Effect games, plus upcoming games for PS3. I guess I wont be buying the PS4 this year.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

So I ended up giving into my weak self and for that I bought Bioshock Infinite. So I'm pretty sure that puts me at 101+ games on the back burner. Maybe 1 day I'll get through all my games. :)

It was 50 or so games, but now its maybe 35.

My backlog consists mostly of games I have played partly but never intend to finish them because of how bad or how out of touch I'm with those games.
My backlog
Luigi's Mansion 2 (It's in the mail)
Eternal Darkness (Horrible game)
Okami (More than halfway through, but I can't seem to finish it)
Layton 3 (I'm going to wait awhile before playing it)
Thief Trilogy (Almost finished with the 1st one)
Hitman Trilogy (Same as above, but I skipped the first two, because they are horrible)
PoP. Sands of Time (Barely played it).

Quite small compared to others. It's about 9, but 7 discounting Okami and ED.
I actually am a bit down with money and I am trying to save money for a Wii U, hopefully I am able to get one near the release of Wind Waker HD.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

I'm in the 200 range for my backlog, but I still plan on buying at least three games this month (Injustice, Army of Two, Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen). I recently finished God of War: Ascension and am trying to get through Dragon's Dogma before the next one comes out. Some of the games in my backlog haven't even been taken out of the wrapping (Far Cry 3, Saints Row the 3rd, ZOE HD Collection, Ratch & Clank HD Colletion, etc.).

I need to get it together....

I am the Playstation Avenger.