By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How big is your backlog before you stop buying new games?

I never stop. I just get a LOT more picky.

Right now i only buy a game if i'm SURE to play it as soon as i get it.

Around the Network
JoeFlex said:
bonkers555 said:

The first 3 months of 2013 have been really busy for me. There are so many games that I wanted and bought regardless of my backlog. My current backlog is over 30 games right now and I have about another 8 new released on pre-order. My question is, how big is you backlog before you stop buying more games?

My current 2013 backlog:

• Tomb Raider
  • Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
  • Crysis 3
  • Dead Space 3
  • Gears of War: Judgement
  • DmC: Devil May Cry
  • Aliens Colonial
  • Ni No Kuni
  • Sly Cooper: Thieves in Times
  • Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
  • God of War: Acension
  • Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
  • Fire Emblem: Awakening
  • Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan
  • Bioshock Infinate 360 (incoming)
  • Lego City Undercover WiiU (incoming)
  • Monster Hunter 3DS (incoming)

Holy ... do you buy every game that releases? I just looked at your list so far and you basically have all the major titles there.

I do buy a lot of new releases. If I don't buy it in it's first week then I wait for a price drop on the game if I want to play the game.

My backlog is something like 100 games, but I'll always keep buying new games. I'm just going to be more picky with new games while I work down my old ones. However there are just some games you have to get day 1.

I have about 20 PSP games, 15 DS games, 6 or 7 GBA games, 1 GBC game, about 35 360 games, 20 PS3 games, 20 Wii games, 6 or 7 CB games, 5 GCN games, 30 PS2 games,  6 or 7 DC games, 1 N64 game, 15 PS1 games, and about 5 or 6 SNES games in my backlog now. That's wow 188 games or so in my backlog, but I have no plans to finish them all anytime soon. They are more or less there for options for games to play next.

However I kinda understand my taste in games now (JRPG, Racing, Adventure, Shooter), and I know what minimum quality I should set my bar at (Don't get meh games like Altier and Nier) so I have time to beat everything. Plus I'm not no hurry to beat games like Grandia, Front Mission 3, Chrono Cross, Shadow Hearts, Crisis Core: FFVII, FFXII, etc.

----

As for new games, like I said I'm going to be more picky. Going to get Gears of War Judgement maybe in fall, when I can find a copy for no more then $30, and I'll probably pick up InFamous 2 and Uncharted 3 while I'm at it for no more then $20 each. Pandora's Tower I have pre-ordered and.....maybe I'll get MGR: Revengence this fall too, but not for more then $20. I might get a 3DS XL if they make a redesign (I need a bettery bettery and better colour options), and if I do I'll get Super Mario 3D Land, Tales of the Abyss 3D and Luigi's Mansion 2 (I already own Fire Emblem), but yea....

I have lots to catch up on, and I'm too cheap to spend $60 on a game.

-----

The next game I plan to purchase at full price, day 1 is X (Wii U). When that releases, I'll likely get a Wii U.

----

My immediate backlog

Catherine
Need for Speed: Most Wanted (want to beat it and sell it while it's still worth something)
Forza Horizon
Halo 4
Pandora's Tower
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Metroid Prime 3 Corruption
Metroid Other M
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Bayonetta
Fallout New Vegas
Tales of Vesperia
Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony
Infinite Undiscovery
Dragon Age 1 & 2

ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat
Jeanne d'Arc
Soma Bringer
Valkyria Chronicles 2
Lunar: Silver Star Harmony
Crisis Core: FFVII
Breath of Fire 3
Disgaea 2
Resistance: Retribution
Dragon Quest IX
Infinite Space
The rest of my PSP collection
Some other DS games
Couple GBA games

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

I got maybe 5 games to play. I buy around 4 games a year.I have not bought a game yet this year. So far this year my list of games to buy:
Bioshock Infinite
Rome Total war 2

Kasz216 said:

Right now i only buy a game if i'm SURE to play it.

When did your gun tot'in ass become moderator? Congratulations.

Just wanted to say my gaming habits are more or less similar. I have a backlog of nearly 200 old games, but that's because I own nearly every good JRPG (look at my collection) and a lot of old games I missed out on growing up. Nowdays a good console RPG is less common, so my backlog is there for me to enjoy while I wait for new games to come out and get cheap.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:
Kasz216 said:

Just wanted to say my gaming habits are more or less similar. I have a backlog of nearly 200 old games, but that's because I own nearly every good JRPG (look at my collection) and a lot of old games I missed out on growing up. Nowdays a good console RPG is less common, so my backlog is there for me to enjoy while I wait for new games to come out and get cheap.

Gun tot'in?  And it's been a while now.

And yeah your right.  The only tough part is those damn publishers like Atlus who never seem to make enough games, so if you don't get them within 2 months your paying double sticker price used.

Kasz216 said:
Michael-5 said:
Kasz216 said:

Gun tot'in?  And it's been a while now.

And yeah your right.  The only tough part is those damn publishers like Atlus who never seem to make enough games, so if you don't get them within 2 months your paying double sticker price used.

I never had issues with Atlus, but F*** Nintendo with XenoBlade and Metroid Prime Trilogy. Some JRPG's you do have a timelimit though, so you have to decide, will you commit to this JRPG any time soon.

Not X-Box RPG's though, they just get cheaper and cheaper lol!

Honestly, I just let my grow. It's not really intentional, but my buying definitely outstrips my playing. Plus, I can't even reach some of the games I own for another five months anyway. Still hasn't stopped me purchasing more games though, so I think I have just over fifty games in my backlog this point.

Hmm

spurgeonryan said:
You love showing off your killer game collection dont ya!

I am addicted. I never stop buying.

lol....yes I do. ;)

But serious, I'm just tire of all the negative WiiU thread lately. I think the community should actually talk about what games they are playing or planning to play.

Its kinda silly to buy new games at launch if you have such a backlog... by the time you actually play it you could have saved yourself money buying it on sale or a reduced price.

I still have games I bought years ago that I haven't finished yet because I keep buying/moving on to new ones

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179