By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Battlefield 4 demo ran on an AMD Radeon HD 7990 ‘Malta’ Video Card

Tagged games:

Lawlight said:
Tachikoma said:
Lawlight said:

No point in being technically advanced and not looking good.

Some SNES games looked great, i guess by your statement all consoles that came out after the SNES werent needed, because my view of the snes game looking good is all encompassing, right?

You're just arguing because you're a PS3 fan and don't like being told a Sony console is inferior in any way to something else.

I'm not seeing 16-bit-looking games winning a lot of best graphic awards these days. And if the PS3 was really inferior, I wouldn't be gaming on it.

By your standard, if the PS3 is so much superior in that sense, why is it that the most critically acclaimed game of the 7th gen console game is on the Wii? Apparently Super Mario Galaxy 2 proves that the Wii is king by your own merits, or it doesn't count because YOU don't think so and your opinion are absolute facts so other people don't matter? :P

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii/super-mario-galaxy-2

88 Reviews, still 97

1189 User Ratings, and still sits at 9.2

Around the Network
dahuman said:
Lawlight said:
Tachikoma said:
Lawlight said:

Some SNES games looked great, i guess by your statement all consoles that came out after the SNES werent needed, because my view of the snes game looking good is all encompassing, right?

You're just arguing because you're a PS3 fan and don't like being told a Sony console is inferior in any way to something else.

I'm not seeing 16-bit-looking games winning a lot of best graphic awards these days. And if the PS3 was really inferior, I wouldn't be gaming on it.

By your standard, if the PS3 is so much superior in that sense, why is it that the most critically acclaimed game of the 7th gen console game is on the Wii? Apparently Super Mario Galaxy 2 proves that the Wii is king by your own merits, or it doesn't count because YOU don't think so and your opinion are absolute facts so other people don't matter? :P

88 Reviews, still 97

One game? Is that all that it takes for a platform to be considered the best of its generation? The best system is the one that has the greatest amount of quality titles and that's, obviously, the PS3. Btw, GTA4 PS3 sits at 98 (and I think the game is terrible).

CGI-Quality said:
dahuman said:
Lawlight said:
Tachikoma said:
Lawlight said:

88 Reviews, still 97

Actually, Grand Theft Auto IV is the most critically acclaimed console game in the 7th generation

pffft, he's talking about exclusives, that shit is multiplat, and the user score is terrible.

Lawlight said:
dahuman said:
Lawlight said:
Tachikoma said:
Lawlight said:

88 Reviews, still 97

One game? Is that all that it takes for a platform to be considered the best of its generation? The best system is the one that has the greatest amount of quality titles and that's, obviously, the PS3. Btw, GTA4 PS3 sits at 98 (and I think the game is terrible).

Not really just one game no, you can go browse the list :P I thought you were talking about exclusives for the most part and GTA4 is multiplat, and it's funny too because notice how I put user score in there too?

CGI-Quality said:
dahuman said:
CGI-Quality said:

Actually, Grand Theft Auto IV is the most critically acclaimed console game in the 7th generation

pffft, he's talking about exclusives, that shit is multiplat, and the user score is terrible.

I wouldn't call 7.6 terrible. That implies that any game that recieves a review that's a 76 must be terrible too. ;)

I'm just going by today's norm, because a lot of reviewers give lenient scores these days. I wouldn't say the same thing if we focus strictly on IGN, Eurogamer, or Edge though, their scores are usually fair in the 7s.

Around the Network
dahuman said:
Lawlight said:
dahuman said:
Lawlight said:
Tachikoma said:
Lawlight said:

88 Reviews, still 97

Not really just one game no, you can go browse the list :P I thought you were talking about exclusives for the most part and GTA4 is multiplat, and it's funny too because notice how I put user score in there too?

GTA4 is still part of the PS3 library. And yeah, the user score - because users review-bombing is unheard of on metacritic. CoD:MW3 - 3.3? FIFA 13 - 4.6? Come on now.

Lawlight said:
dahuman said:
Lawlight said:
dahuman said:
Lawlight said:
Tachikoma said:
Lawlight said:

88 Reviews, still 97

GTA4 is still part of the PS3 library. And yeah, the user score - because users review-bombing is unheard of on metacritic. CoD:MW3 - 3.3? FIFA 13 - 4.6? Come on now.

Yet on the same site where you claim user review bombing happens, Galaxy 2 has a 9.2 average? I believe the users have spoken, Wii is the king both in sales and game quality confirmed?

BTW, the truth is that I don't have a real preference and I'm just being you right now only with another platform, think on that for a sec.

dahuman said:
Lawlight said:
dahuman said:
Lawlight said:
dahuman said:
Lawlight said:
Tachikoma said:
Lawlight said:

88 Reviews, still 97

Yet on the same site where you claim user review bombing happens, Galaxy 2 has a 9.2 average? I believe the users have spoken, Wii is the king both in sales and game quality confirmed?

BTW, the truth is that I don't have a real preference and I'm just being you right now only with another platform, think on that for a sec.

Review bombing can go both ways.

Lawlight said:
dahuman said:
Lawlight said:
dahuman said:
Lawlight said:
dahuman said:
Lawlight said:
Tachikoma said:
Lawlight said:

88 Reviews, still 97

Review bombing can go both ways.

uh huh, just like people's opinions amirite? :P

Captain_Tom said:
CGI-Quality said:
Michael-5 said:

So that demo was run on an AMD 7900 Graphics card? That transfers 2,176 Gfloss of Data right?

PS4's Graphics Card is capable of 1,840 Gflops (Which is about as powerful as a 7850-7870).

This means that the PS3 version will be about 90% as good as that video, not bad. Wait! Was the demo on a 7900 or a 7990? There is a big difference, a 7990 has 6,963 Gflops of data, which would put the PS4 version running at 30% of the demo's capabilities.

http://hexus.net/tech/news/graphics/36725-amd-radeon-hd-7990-specification-leaked/

For reference, the 1st number represents the series humber (7th series) and the second number represent the .... power level? So the PC is at 9, the PS4 is at 8. The other two numbers I think are like update numbers ( Like version 1.1, 1.2, etc)

Also X-Box and PS3 are about 240Gflops, so let's see how they turn out with just over 10% the graphical power.

----

Funny, I don't see a HUGE jump this gen, despite PS4 being nearly 9x more powerful then the PS3.

I would argue that PS4 is much more than 9x more powerful than PS3 (RAM, alone, jumped x16). Besides, as always mentioned, launch games won't tell the full story.

The PS4 is roughtly 10-15 times stronger than the PS3.

How? The amount of processing power of the PS4 is only 9x more. I know RAM jumped 16x, but other things like the GPU speed doesn't even double from PS3 to PS4 (from 550 MHz to about 860 Mhz). I also know the GPU bandwidth only increased 3x (54 to 154 GB/s) and from what I hear the bandwidth was one of the bottlenecks of the PS3 (Id bandwidth related to bus speed? I heard the PS3 has a slow bus speed and that's why newer model PS3's couldn't emulate PS2 games properly).

I don't know too much about computers, but I know that more RAM =/= more power after you reach the point where the RAM is sufficient and no bottlenecking the system. 16x RAM is sufficient for 9x more processing power.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results