By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kojima @ GDC 2013: FOX Engine & Ground Zeroes + Phantom Pain = MGSV

I am So AMPED right now. All I need now is for VSXIII to be XV and everything will be right in the world

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Around the Network

The disappointment from Phantom Pain not being a Vita game is too big for me to feel any type of hype. Now I'm pretty much like... yeah, whatever, gonna pick it up from a discount bin some day.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Scisca said:
The disappointment from Phantom Pain not being a Vita game is too big for me to feel any type of hype. Now I'm pretty much like... yeah, whatever, gonna pick it up from a discount bin some day.

way to kill the mood.  come on it's MGS5!  Also it's pretty much the strangest reveal for a game ever if you think about all the anagrams and fake interviews just to cover it up.  Gotta love Kojima's showmanship.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Everyone is leaving the room... end.

Q&A now.

Around the Network

I'm not sure I understand... no next gen?

ethomaz said:
GIFs (GAF too)

Looking a lot more like Kurt Russell lol.

Screamapillar said:
Solid-Stark said:
Screamapillar said:
Okay, someone, please.... I am so f**king confused about this.

MGS V is one game, comprised of two separately-announced games?

Or is Ground Zeroes a separate game that is similar to MGS V?

Or is Phantom Pain and Ground Zeroes the same thing, just announced in a tricky way as a PR stunt? They're really just the same thing?

Ground Zeros is MGS5

The Phantom Pain trailer was also MGS5

The Phantom Pain is the sub-title for the game ---> Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain

Okay, so the title 'MGS V' is replacing Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain, and it's all one product, and Phantom Pain is merely the subtitle?

So what happened to "Ground Zeroes"? If MGS Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain are now MGS 5: The Phantom Pain why did we ever get told that there was a MGS Ground Zeroes?

I really hate cryptic marketing like this. I don't care if kids have fun putting puzzle pieces together. I would have rather been told that MGS5 is in development and then be shown some teaser video and now be shown the reveal. We spent a year thinking we were getting two games and now we are getting one. What's the point of all this if all it does is dispoint people who were looking forward to two Fox Engine games?

MGS5 fucking hype! :D

So GZ&PP => MGS5

GZ Is like the intro a lá Virtuous mission in MGS3 and Tanker mission in MGS2
PP is like the aftermath such as Snake Eater operation and Raidens part in MGS2

GZ is before coma
PP is after coma (supposedly after the les enfantes terrible project where they have cloned BB although perhaps not seeming as we haven't really.. seen Zero. We'll see I suppose).

Anything else regarding story and what the game is about?
Looking forward 2 it! :D