By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales: Famitsu & Media create - week 12 ( march 18-24)

mutantclown said:
Conegamer said:
That's what I'm talking about Luigi!

Actually disappointing for OP, very much so. And Vita flat, but it's all downhill from here.

Vita is not flat, it's actually up ~5K. Why is it downhill from here? it went up with no major release, next week onwards it could settle down on ~30K without any. The only thing going downhill is the Wii U, that thing can't beat the PSP.

I posted that from the first table, so Vita sales of 37k. But yeah, it's downhill because there's no more major games, unfortunately. We shall see where the baseline is shortly.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Just bought Luigi's Mansion 2 today, thats a pretty good opening week for the game!

The original on GC only sold 457k - http://www.vgchartz.com/game/1207/luigis-mansion/Japan/ - On an opening of 160k... So this is brilliant.

It sold well on its own. Just expectations were inflated due to high shipment numbers. 3DS and GC aren't much of a comparison though.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Didnt Photokano Kiss release in April for Vita.

Great Luigis and One Piece numbers and great Vita hold.

Conegamer said:
Please don't lump me in with the 'haters'. It's quite frustrating. I'm not lumping the 3DS in because that's suffering a similar issue over the next few months, but at least it's shown it's stable. Neither scenario is great, though. And those Vita games? None will push systems. Maybe a small boost for a week but that's it. Hopefully FFX will steer the ship right, though.

I apologize if I sounded too agressive. I just want to point out one thing : God Eater is a 500K+ seller in Japan so I do think it has a good chance to lift Vita a lot (more than FFX HD). And for the other games I reckon that quantity matters as well, libraries sell systems.

Gears Judgement had a bigger opening than Godowa Ascension.

Around the Network

very good sales for playstation 3, 3ds and ps vita. psp - good sales. wiiU, very bad. this console is boring and the hardware is old -.-

the best RPG's are coming 2013 !!!! oh my god, this is perfect for RPG-GAMER = ) Ni No Kuni - 25 january, Time and Eternity, tales of xillia (PS3) and the maybe best game ever: metal gear solid ground zero

Conegamer said:
mutantclown said:
Conegamer said:
That's what I'm talking about Luigi!

Actually disappointing for OP, very much so. And Vita flat, but it's all downhill from here.

Vita is not flat, it's actually up ~5K. Why is it downhill from here? it went up with no major release, next week onwards it could settle down on ~30K without any. The only thing going downhill is the Wii U, that thing can't beat the PSP.

I posted that from the first table, so Vita sales of 37k. But yeah, it's downhill because there's no more major games, unfortunately. We shall see where the baseline is shortly.

It held up pretty well without major releases, that's what I said. 

outlawauron said:
Not a great week for software considering the high shipment numbers. ethomaz and Meret made some dumb predictions.

Vita over 40k is a big surprise imo.

I heard the Luigi shipment was false.

With an "high" sell thrugh rate (that could be 70% +) I think the shipment was 400k.

Pretty sure they said OP2 has got 500,000 preorders. Your telling me it sold half that?

They SHIPPED 500k, meaning there are 500k copies in circulation right now. It doesn't mean that they've sold 500k huge difference.