By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo enlarges Wii dev teams, shrinks DS teams

very nice... I hope that this does not have negative long term effects on the DS...

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

DS is now getting the full 3rd party software backing so i can understand their decision.

They wanna keep the Wii's momentum going through 08 and especially 09 so it's good for them (and their profitability in the future) to do so!

However, i still can't believe why Nintendo isn't acquiring new talent in the form of small studios etc... more.

They only have a like 3000-3200 company and they have WAY to much cash, so why not expand your team so you can make more Software (=eventually more revenue if it works out well)...

THE NETHERLANDS

The DS has a life of its own at this point. It's fine.

I find this post confusing, since people on this very site have assured me time and time again that since Mario, Link, Zelda, and Smash Bros. have already been made, Nintendo won't be releasing any first-party games for the Wii. One side has to be wrong.

bigjon said:
very nice... I hope that this does not have negative long term effects on the DS...

Nah, DS can't be stopped.

And with a 65 million (active) userbase every dev (that can think straight) will develop for it!... Even if it's crap!

PSP Software sales aren't really helping either!

And, important is that DS-games can be developer for only a few 100k's... 

THE NETHERLANDS

This seems to be normal Nintendo practice I think... heavily support the system for the first 3 years, then let third parties handle the rest since they might have learnt enough by then to make games as good as Ninty launch games.

Didn't work too well with the GC unfortunately.

Around the Network
Desroko said:

I find this post confusing, since people on this very site have assured me time and time again that since Mario, Link, Zelda, and Smash Bros. have already been made, Nintendo won't be releasing any first-party games for the Wii. One side has to be wrong.

- Disaster: Day of Crisis.

- Mario Kart Wii.

- New IP 1.

- New IP 2.

- Pikmin 3.

- New Zelda (made for Wii only).

- Kid Icarus.

- Mario sport series (golf, baseball etc...)

- Retro studios project.

- Lots of other unannounced stuff...

I guess Nintendo is gonna make more games! A lot of the things named above are not announced and/or speculation but i'm just trying to show that Nintendo still has a lot in the pipeline for Wii! (Not only casual)

THE NETHERLANDS

StarcraftManiac said:
Desroko said:

- Mario Kart Wii.

- New IP 1.

- New IP 2.

- Pikmin 3.

- Kid Icarus.

- Retro studios project.

I guess Nintendo is gonna make more games! A lot of the things named above are not announced and/or speculation but i'm just trying to show that Nintendo still has a lot in the pipeline for Wii! (Not only casual)

I probably shpould have written /sarcasm after my post.

Seems like they also announced an April release date for Wii Fit about halfway down the page. I hope that's true for NA.

Desroko said:
StarcraftManiac said:
Desroko said:

- Mario Kart Wii.

- New IP 1.

- New IP 2.

- Pikmin 3.

- Kid Icarus.

- Retro studios project.

I probably shpould have written /sarcasm after my post.

Damn, looks like i got owned ...

THE NETHERLANDS

sweet, more AAA wii games :)

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"