By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo enlarges Wii dev teams, shrinks DS teams

ClaudeLv250 said:

Phalanx said:
StarcraftManiac said:
Desroko said:
The DS has a life of its own at this point. It's fine.

I find this post confusing, since people on this very site have assured me time and time again that since Mario, Link, Zelda, and Smash Bros. have already been made, Nintendo won't be releasing any first-party games for the Wii. One side has to be wrong.

- Disaster: Day of Crisis.

- Mario Kart Wii.

- New IP 1.

- New IP 2.

- Pikmin 3.

- New Zelda (made for Wii only).

- Kid Icarus.

- Mario sport series (golf, baseball etc...)

- Retro studios project.

- Lots of other unannounced stuff...

I guess Nintendo is gonna make more games! A lot of the things named above are not announced and/or speculation but i'm just trying to show that Nintendo still has a lot in the pipeline for Wii! (Not only casual)

You can add Animal Crossing to that as well. It hasn't been announced yet, but we all know it's coming.

It was on the same list as Kirby Wii, so it's pretty much confirmed now.

You also forgot to mention Fzero, and Starfox, even though they haven't been officailly announced, thier bound to be realeased at least by next year.

PSN ID: Sol_Protege     Wii:154209933064989 

Around the Network

The Wii has only hit hit a little over one year in the market, as far as i am concerned third parties did not get a clue till at least the 2nd/3rd yera of the DS's life, so probably going to be the same thing. I here a lot of people complaining, but when we started this gen did anybody think otherwise? 3rd parties shunned it expecting another cube, analysts advised most of these third parties that nintengo next effort was not even a facter anymore.

I really wonder if the Wii was not selling as hot and was had the smallest userbase if it would recieve as much flack as it gets, when its in pole position.

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Currently own- DS, PSP, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 DreamCast.

Man i have too many consoles..... 

Quotes to live by!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"- Helen Keller

"i am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"-Thomas Edison

"Man is not the creature of circumstancesCircumstances are the creatures of men"

Interesting.

It only makes logical since that they would, DS has full 3rd party support while the Wii still needs to gain that.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

DS has plenty of third party support and as long as nintendo still pumps out 2-3 DS games a year then everything will be fine. This news still makes me very sad though.

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
Interesting.

OMG! You're breaking DK's rule! Where is SSJ12???

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Hmmm....

I like that more rescourses are being put into Wii development. I don't like that it ha to be pulled from DS development. Why not expand both? It's not like things are looking bad.