By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GDC Wii U Unity Presentation (Free for all devs, No concept approval, based on Unity 4 Pro)

Both developers in attendance were said to be very excited.

Kidding, put down the pitchforks.

Serious question, what about the 3DS? Does it have Unity support, or are they just not interested in talking about the 3DS at a western conference?

Nintendo does seem to be trying hard on the indie front, though. I wonder what changed, or when they realized the Wii policies were a mistake. I think they just really underestimated the market.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Both developers in attendance were said to be very excited.

Kidding, put down the pitchforks.

Serious question, what about the 3DS? Does it have Unity support, or are they just not interested in talking about the 3DS at a western conference?

Nintendo does seem to be trying hard on the indie front, though. I wonder what changed, or when they realized the Wii policies were a mistake. I think they just really underestimated the market.

strangely it doesnt have 3DS support, after looking at their site i could see pretty much every platform except the 3DS. the vita and ps4 arent on there but it seems they still havent updated their website yet since they announced it would be 2 days ago. 

it does seem like nintendo is trying more with indie's but it seems like they are  more intersted in them for their home console more than their handheld

I don't follow Twitter, so correct me if I'm wrong here.

But damn the early and later sounded super-desperate.

Look at how hard they are trying :D

WiiU Unity was known since November and having it free with the dev-kits was hinted at. It's good to have it confirmed!

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Nice is all I can say!

Around the Network

People will hate me for this but I never by indie games as they digital downloads

I would if they came out on disc though lol.

Nintendo could always pair them up with their own titles or even publish a number of them on disc on a special edition so people know that Indie games can also be bought on Wii U.

This really big. The big part is about converting iOS to WiiU, and talking about playing only on the Gamepad. This is the true value of the gamepad. Yes, many casuals are picking up tablets and playing simple games. Now they can pick up a Wii U instead, play those simple games but also have the option of playing full on AAA games. Potential is massive.

^ As long as Nintendo advertised this it can do wonders for Wii U. If there`s no meaningful and effective advertising...

cannonballZ said:
didn't someone make a post saying this is huge news when announced for ps4? Does that make it huge news for wii u?

It was announced for Wii U last year, so the news was big back then.