By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix shipment expectations for Tomb Raider,Sleeping Dogs and Hitman:Absolution.

Tagged games:

I really like their western games. Both Sleeping Dogs and Tomb Rider and great, quality games, I hope they continue making such titles. At the same time, they really need to improve their Japanese games and keep on releasing them on Vita!

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
bananaking21 said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
I think it means that they expected 3.4m but sold less. The language is not very clear though, so it could mean any of the two scenarios.

they sold 3.4 million

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-03-26-tomb-raider-has-sold-3-4-million-copies-failed-to-hit-expectations

That article is based on the same picture we are speculating about with no other info, so it really can't be taken as proof.

but if the info was wrong eurogamers or square enix wouldnt let it stay up. i really doubt that eurogamer would post the numbers, say what they are if they werent sure

They have no sources other than the picture, so it doesn't matter how sure they are, they have the same info as you and me.

C'mon, it's games journalism. These things happen all the time. How many articles said that PS2 production had totally ceased WW? When it was only in Japan. Square doesn't care enough to correct them, like Sony.

Not saying it definitely means they aimed at 3.4m, but that article is no proof either way.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

famousringo said:
At the start of this generation, one million units was the dividing line between a hit and a failure.

Now, at the end of the same generation, four million units (or more?) is the dividing line between a hit and a failure.

How long is this going to go on?

I believe it will go on, until games like FIFA,COD and Assassin's Creed start to bomb.

Xxain said:
BenVTrigger said:
cusman said:
All that matters to me is that each of tho three are great games. Well above the average game in the market.

It's too bad Square-Enix spent more money making and marketing those games than there were gamers in the marketplace willing to buy those games.

I hope Square-Enix keeps making quality games... I will support them on my end as best I can but I can only buy 1 copy of each game :)

Thats the strange thing about Square Enix at the moment. Their Western styled games lately have been high quality while their Japanese styled games have been mediocre to awful

Thats why people here demanding them to stop development on western style games and focus on JRPGs are strange.  Their JRPGs are a part of the reason Square is falling apart

. Those Japanese games are what's bringing in money. FFXlll series has many praying it ends but its making them money, DQ remakes is making a ton, KH 3DS? yep. This is not first time the sleeping dogs has been cited as not making any money for them. Hitman was also said to under performing and apparently(did it sell 3 mill or is it estimates?) TR is not making the cut either. It has to do with their western style game having budgets waaaay to huge to actually to make any profit. This is a problem in the western side of development in general. Recently some game( I forgot what it is but look up if needed) had to sell about 6mill copies to make a profit. Who the hell that's not Rockstar or Activision sets budgets like that!!??.

The thing is like another poster stated those 3 games alone have brought in 250 million in revenue at least for SE.  If 250 million is not enough to even break even how ungodly massive are their budgets?  The overall point is SE has some unbelievable mis managment is these games budgets are so massive they have to sell 4 million or more to even break even

Even Hideki Kamiya (Game designer at Platinum Games) is making fun of Square Enix:

https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya

Around the Network

hitman was a disapointment, after waiting so many years ... this was the result, not nearly as memorable or good as blood money, fun but the action sequences were not hitman matirial and it was far to linier.

at least it was not the disaster "sim city" is ... not even quater the game sim city 4. and sim city 4 has all the community made mods and addons that rock. i always thought thr goal was to make a better game with each release....

anyway i own 2 out of the 3 games there, really enjoyed sleeping dogs, its flawed a bit but fun game.... and if hitman did not have to live up to blood money i would rate it higher 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

^ is that the real Kaz?

Xxain said:
^ is that the real Kaz?

lol no but the guy is really good.

https://twitter.com/KazHiraiCEO/

ethomaz said:
Xxain said:
^ is that the real Kaz?

lol no but the guy is really good.

https://twitter.com/KazHiraiCEO/

lol. I was about to say he must want another MS/FF13 momemt.