By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix shipment expectations for Tomb Raider,Sleeping Dogs and Hitman:Absolution.

Tagged games:

_crazy_man_ said:

Dat high developing costs........

and the freakin' massive marketing budget, they had to buy the whole press to promote their games. But you can't buy the gamers' heart. Hopefully now they stop focusing on the action/adventure audience and keep making games for japanese games fans after with Lightning Returns, FFX/X-2 HD and KH 1.5 HD.

Around the Network

My god

If selling 3.4 million copies in a month is failing to hit targets WTF are Square Enix expecting? Thats a huge hit, are they honestly expecting COD sales or something? Its a damn good thing Square is changing its management because they really have lost touch lately it seems

ryuzaki57 said:
_crazy_man_ said:

and the freakin' massive marketing budget, they had to buy the whole press to promote their games. But you can't buy the gamers' heart. Hopefully now they stop focusing on the action/adventure audience and keep making games for japanese games fans after with Lightning Returns, FFX/X-2 HD and KH 1.5 HD.

Was this one of those:

Marketing > Entire Development of Game scenarios?

And was that last bit was sarcasm right?  I mean I yeah HD collections are fun and all but where are our KH3 and FFVIII Versus. ;p

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

I'm a proud owner of Sleeping Dogs, so a bit sad to see it has not done well.

All that matters to me is that each of those three are great games. Well above the average game in the market.

It's too bad Square-Enix spent more money making and marketing those games than there were gamers in the marketplace willing to buy those games.

I hope Square-Enix keeps making quality games... I will support them on my end as best I can but I can only buy 1 copy of each game :)

Around the Network
Troll_Whisperer said:
I think it means that they expected 3.4m but sold less. The language is not very clear though, so it could mean any of the two scenarios.

That's what I understood.  They did not sell 3.4m, that was their initial expectations.

_crazy_man_ said:
ryuzaki57 said:
_crazy_man_ said:

Was this one of those:

And was that last bit was sarcasm right?  I mean I yeah HD collections are fun and all but where are our KH3 and FFVIII Versus. ;p

No sir, I really want my HD remakes. Can't be picky after almost two years of drought...

Troll_Whisperer said:
I think it means that they expected 3.4m but sold less. The language is not very clear though, so it could mean any of the two scenarios.

they sold 3.4 million

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-03-26-tomb-raider-has-sold-3-4-million-copies-failed-to-hit-expectations

Did they think these games were going to sale 5 million copies or something?

ryuzaki57 said:
_crazy_man_ said:
ryuzaki57 said:
_crazy_man_ said:

Was this one of those:

No sir, I really want my HD remakes. Can't be picky after almost two years of drought...

*Looks at LoZ: SS and LoZ: WW HD 2 year gap*

Yeah when you put it that way, I can see your point.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)