By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So, now two CEOs have 'resigned'...WHO´S NEXT?

nintendo is losing money iwata will have to go eventually

Around the Network
D-Minaj225 said:

Is it? I have seen only 2 quarters with bad results, and when compared with some other companies that is actually VERY good. If they show black numbers this quarter even if those are minimal Iwata will stay at least for another fiscal year.

How good is Konami doing? can someone check Tecmo numbers? There are very few big publishers in America.

I think Kaz will be fine since Sony's phones are finally picking up some steam. Iwata is probably under a lot of fire due the pathetic launch of the WiiU, but as long as Nintendo is profiting I don't think he'll be fired. I doubt anyone would miss Steve Balmer. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

I think it would be Iwata. Business is brutal I am afraid and sentiment has nothing to do with it.
If I was CEO of Nintendo and my product was performing as badly as the U I would expect to be sacked.

Someone said Ballmer should stay because he makes MS money but even I could have done that. It's not like he took over a sinking ship or anything. Any fool could have taken over a company with no financial issues and very little competition to combat it's monopoly of products.  Other CEOs don't have that luxury and need to fight for every penny against tough multiple opposition.

He didn't do too bad with the x360, however so I hope he stays.

huiii said:
Itawa or Reggie probably...

This one. If the Wii U doesn't pick up to go from 100 mill down to "no one cares" is a dramatic drop that may result in heads rolling. 

Around the Network
flagstaad said:
D-Minaj225 said:

Is it? I have seen only 2 quarters with bad results, and when compared with some other companies that is actually VERY good. If they show black numbers this quarter even if those are minimal Iwata will stay at least for another fiscal year.

How good is Konami doing? can someone check Tecmo numbers? There are very few big publishers in America.

The Wii U is being sold at a loss, and that's before unoffical price cuts. Now from the outset the low sales then sound a good thing, however if we consider R&D costs, Nintendo need to sell a lot more consoles to cover costs otherwise they will lose a lot of cash.

Conegamer said:

Awaiting someone to say Iwata or Reggie. It's obviously the answer you're expecting.

But perhaps the Ubisoft CEO.

isnt unibost doing really REALLY good lately? also it seems like their managment is top-notch

It's obviously Iwata.
Iwata predicted that the wii u would sell 5 million units by the end of march.....

cuberandgamer said:
It's obviously Iwata.
Iwata predicted that the wii u would sell 5 million units by the end of march.....

still possible-by the end of march 2014

RareglovE said:

M$ can only be saved once this man is gone.

What was he thinking.. It looks like he powdered his nose before going on the stage.