By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Worst Wii graphics (Pics)

S.Peelman said:

Sad really, if you put a game like this next to Wii games where an actual effort was made. 

Challenge accepted:

Around the Network

How do you post pictures?

MaxwellAllen said:
How do you post pictures?

You can usually copy and paste them if you do a Rich Text Reply  (see top of reply box)

if not, right click on the pic, see if you can copy the url and then select the 'insert pic' in Rich Text Reply and paste it in.

This thread has made me sad, can we close it now??

Honestly, I wouldn't have given a single shit about "Cruis'n" graphics, IF it had earnestly been a new game in that franchise by Midway. Instead, they slapped a new name on a crappy old "Fast and the Furious" game they had made. Great. What a ripoff.

Around the Network
DevilRising said:
Honestly, I wouldn't have given a single shit about "Cruis'n" graphics, IF it had earnestly been a new game in that franchise by Midway. Instead, they slapped a new name on a crappy old "Fast and the Furious" game they had made. Great. What a ripoff.

Yup, some of the decisions made by publisher executives astound me sometimes. They seem to be completely out of touch with modern gaming.

What would have made sense for Midway to release that would have been cheap to do, an ideal fit for the remote and nunchuck and would have earnt a sure-fire profit..? A port of CarnEvil.

Every single one of the decent on-rails shooters sold well - Goose Squad, Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles, Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles and Dead Space Extraction all did well, even the latter despite EA's best efforts to stealth-release it.

curl-6 said:
S.Peelman said:

Sad really, if you put a game like this next to Wii games where an actual effort was made. 

Challenge accepted:

Mmm, yes. I see the improvement.

This does make me wonder all of a sudden, because the gun is in a similar position, what on Earth the large black rectangle is supposed to be in the middle of the top pic. What the h*ll is that thing? I honestly don't know. Is it hanging on that helicopter?

Wii music is terrible aswell sometimes, there is nothing going on here just an ugly 2d grass texture with 6 simple characters. And this is a replay!

The problem with threads like these is you're comparing apples and oranges.

You can't really compare the zero budget game like Cruis'n to an infinite budget game like Super Mario Galaxy, they're just in different leagues. Most of the games in this thread were made by very small teams with very little time as opposed to other games that have larger teams and much more time. It makes a world of difference.

Personally, if we're talking AAA or even modest budget games, I would go with anything that heavily centers around Mii's, like Wii Music.

S.Peelman said:
curl-6 said:
S.Peelman said:

Challenge accepted:

Mmm, yes. I see the improvement.

This does make me wonder all of a sudden, because the gun is in a similar position, what on Earth the large black rectangle is supposed to be in the middle of the top pic. What the h*ll is that thing? I honestly don't know. Is it hanging on that helicopter?

It's a piece of debris from the building being lifted by the chopper, I reckon.

Honestly, it's like two different generations when you compare these games to the Wii's best.