By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox 720 not part of GDC. Let's talk about it.

Every day they don't announce it the bad rumors pile up. At their reveal I feel like all they'll be doing is quashing bad rumors, and that's best case if none of them are true! Kinect 2 won't do it because people will just say they already have Kinect. Specs won't do it because it's not going to look noticeably better than what PS4 has already shown us. The only chance they have to have a real "wow" reveal is reveal a bunch of exclusives, but with Halo 4 just last year and Gears out just now, they will be new IPs and from new studios or Kinect games so will the hardcore have interest?

I'm not saying they won't look good or be good but that leaves little track record and little room for a WOW announcement. Also they have to save some games for E3. Streaming, sharing, spectating, graphics demos, big specs, these have all been shown for a console coming this holiday so how does MS show these features without looking like a "me too" announcement.

I'm not sure what sort of surprise they can get us with, but I guess it wouldn't be a surprise if I knew what it was. Guess we'll have to hope that "secret sauce" is really special. Also BF and COD won't do it because they're on both unless MS really feels like breaking the entertainment division budget lol. They'll probably make a big deal about showing the form factor (like rubbing it in Sony's face as if it actually makes the console any better) and act like 8gb of DDR3 is the same as GDDR5 because they won't mention what type.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

Im honestly starting to think MS delayed the console to add more power

Theres been rumors about a much more powerful dev kit being circulated to certain developers for the past 3 months and that the specs we've been seeing are from a earlier dev kit

BenVTrigger said:

Theres been rumors about a much more powerful dev kit being circulated to certain developers for the past 3 months

Sure. And I have heard that all the other developers left out are very happy about wasting their time and money.....

Seriously, what is it with people making up all those rumours?

When people like the developers of AssaCreed 4 and some others already say the PS4 Version is going to be the best out of all versions and others say the PS4 is the easiest to develop for platform we can be pretty sure those people have the consoles.
GDC is a place for developers to talk with each other about industry stuff and they will do that.Like how no one is making money cause no one does care for anything else than CoD.Numbers and all that stuff.Maybe some idea sharing but nothing about stuff we would care for really.
They don't need to see the actual consoles getting revealed cause they have them.
And im pretty sure Microsoft won't pull a surprise announcement in terms of more Power/RAM like Sony did with the PS4.
They know what they need to know and the GDC isn't for the normal random people who have no clue about the industry.

platformmaster918 said:

Also BF and COD won't do it because they're on both unless MS really feels like breaking the entertainment division budget lol.

Battlefield?
DICE favors Sony and so does EA - CoD hopefully won't have the same power anymore as it did have in this Gen.
Guess why BF3 on the PS3 was superior to the 360 Version(and that is an actual great work of DICE cause BF3 didn't use an Engine of 1999) and got the DLC early...This is the usual "taking sides".Same why Activision and their 2 CoD studios favor Microsoft...Money.But here you can see its lazy work in terms of performance of their games.
BF4 will just have a much bigger impact this time cause it will push forward in the industry and this time they can release a version on consoles that is comparable to the PC Version unlike with BF3.

Its pretty obvious that MS has their own event just like Sony where they will reveal the nextbox and have exclusive coverage.  GDC is definitely not a place for such a reveal and its definitely not in line with how MS work as they have never revealed anything about the 360 at this event.  Its a developer conference and not something that has enough public appeal for a new console launch.

I do not know anyone who even entertained the notion that MS will reveal their console at GDC.  As to when MS reveal the 360 it really does not matter about negative press until that event.  As with everything, any press is  better than none.  Because of all these rumors you can bet more people will actually watch the 360 reveal then the Sony one becuase they will want clarity on those rumors.  

It really doesn't matter what people mindset is right now until MS actually come out and reveal what they are doing.  Opinions change quick based on facts instead of fiction

Around the Network

doesnt this seem smart as its better to have as short a time from reveal to release to keep hype going. I loved the ps4 event but we still dont know what are actual launch games and what the price of anything from the console to the extras cost so what have they accomplished apart from getting the conversation started?

The GDC is not the right place to reveal console.

Microsoft needs a big exclusive event pre-E3 or at least the E3.

Missed opportunity, GDC this year is probably the most important GDC in a decade.

I don't know what is happening in Micro's court. Maybe everything is going according to plan, maybe they have changed their plans to some degree.

I am under the impression by some of the rumors around that Sony may have indeed trolled a lot of people with the way they handled the info about the PS4.

I feel like I know some of you guys do that Sony gave the impression that the PS4 would be something that later on turned out to be more powerful.

Also, I remember when Sony PR said there was no need to come out first with a console. I feel that Sony may have lied about the system specs, but also about the release date, so that they could mess around with Micro's intel on Sony's console.

I am considering the possibility that Sony unveiled the console before Micro actually expected, according possible info they got somehow, and that the 8GB of RAM got them by surprise as well. Maybe, like was said in here, Micro is delaying the console to make some hardware adjustments. My guess is that Sony knows, or knew at some point, what Micro's Xbox consisted of and took this decision of being sneaky about the PS4 development to either force Micro to make a more powerful console and raise the cost of the Xbox3 or to force them to keep with the plan and launch the weakest console of the two.

Maybe the situation for Micro is the result of a Kinect 2 integration that already raises the cost. Who knows? Or maybe they are considering what would be the reaction of the consumer if they need to buy a Kinect 2 over the price of the console, while also having to increase the price of the Xbox with the new improved specs after the PS4 announcement. Maybe they are sitting these days discussing this new developments and taking decisions.

But who knows, maybe Micro's console has been the most powerful console in development and the rumors don't mean shit. lol

We can't rule out though that Micro could approach some plans in order to absorb an initial increase in their projected console price with Xbox Live and with a contract plan similar to what they've already done (that could work for those people that believe this plan actually saves them money). Maybe they are pondering about all these things.

But, I don't give much importance to the moment of Micro's console announcement, as long as it isn't like two years after the PS4. lol The only arrogance I've witnessed recently from Micro was when they dismissed how important the PS4 announcement would be for the UK. But they haven't said anything about their console, really. They can't talk with arrogance about something they haven't even hinted that exists, right?

In the past consoles have released before and after the competition and that hasn't stopped them from dominating (Playstation). In the end, what will matter is what Micro brings to the table and that they don't wait and unreasonable amount of time.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Turkish said:
Missed opportunity, GDC this year is probably the most important GDC in a decade.

how is it a missed opportunity? GDC is for developers and some of them already seen what the Next Xbox does. Most likely they'll show the console in Late Apri or Early May