By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Wii is a fad claim revisited.

Was Wii a fad?

Yes 219 55.30%

No 147 37.12%

Hesitant to say one way o... 29 7.32%

Total:395
RazorDragon said:

Best console this generation, IMO. After Nintendo dropped support in 2010(and, seeing what Nintendo did, third-parties followed), though, it's library became crippled, altough I still think it's a better console today than the PS3 and 360 which were infested of generic shooters.

You said this in another thread. And I said you obviously didn't follow this gen... You replied but now I'm leaning towards the fact that you didn't again. Sure they had a lot of generic shooters. They also had a lot of gems for shooters too... they also had a lot of other stuff. And if you consider the shooters that were gems generic then what does that make Brawl, Zelda and Mario? I could easily say Wii had a generic adventure game, a generic fighter, and a generic platformer

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
phenom08 said:
phenom08 said:
pokoko said:

We can all make things up bud. Anyways its true, usually haters try to downplay the Wiis success by calling it a fad. Its usually just people being butthurt.

Word to the wise bud, don't try and argue things which can so easily be proven. You are going to feel salty Thursday, anticipate a new avatar

Lol, you haven't proven a thing in this thread so far. The Wii is as much of a fad as the PS3 a failure.

Did the thursday part fly over your head? Ps3 isn't even up for debate about being a failure. It had equal third party support with 360. It had equal quality exclusives from Sony but had the most exclusives compared to Ninteno and MS. It sold more than all but 3 1st place consoles. You really have no points to presnt here. Only thing that could be classified as a failure would be profits but thats niether your nor my concern.

Wii being a fad is obviously up for debate looking at poll results and how many posts this thread has

Lol why are you comparing how much previous first place consoles sold to how much the PS3 sold? Didnt you tell another poster "comparing a system that launched when consoles reached their limit at 60 million compared to a console that launched when consoles reached their limit at 160 million?" Yet here you are doing it yourself. Maybe you're doing it to make the PS3 look better than it is. PS3 being a failure is obvious if anything. It had all of what you listed and still sits 20 million units behind the Wii and it even sold less software. PS3 is much more of a failure than Wii is a fad.

You said this in another thread. And I said you obviously didn't follow this gen... You replied but now I'm leaning towards the fact that you didn't again. Sure they had a lot of generic shooters. They also had a lot of gems for shooters too... they also had a lot of other stuff.

I know they didn't had only shooters. But, when I think of 360 and PS3, I automatically think of shooters like Killzone, Resistance, Halo, Gears, Call of Duty and, mostly, of their many, many clones. And, like I said in the other thread, I had a PC able play current-gen(in 2007) multiplatforms and bought a Wii in 2008. Also, in 2011 I bought a 360(it had a few JRPGs which I couldn't miss and, of course, Halo, which is awesome).

RazorDragon said:

Best console this generation, IMO. After Nintendo dropped support in 2010(and, seeing what Nintendo did, third-parties followed), though, it's library became crippled, altough I still think it's a better console today than the PS3 and 360 which were infested of generic shooters.

You said this in another thread. And I said you obviously didn't follow this gen... You replied but now I'm leaning towards the fact that you didn't again. Sure they had a lot of generic shooters. They also had a lot of gems for shooters too... they also had a lot of other stuff. And if you consider the shooters that were gems generic then what does that make Brawl, Zelda and Mario? I could easily say Wii had a generic adventure game, a generic fighter, and a generic platformer

You should look up the word generic.

If the Wii was a fad, then the reality of it leading this generation ends up evidence that the top console sales this generation were the result of a fad.  Think about that a minute, and then ask yourself if this a good thing regarding the future of home consoles.

Around the Network
RazorDragon said:

You said this in another thread. And I said you obviously didn't follow this gen... You replied but now I'm leaning towards the fact that you didn't again. Sure they had a lot of generic shooters. They also had a lot of gems for shooters too... they also had a lot of other stuff.

I know they didn't had only shooters. But, when I think of 360 and PS3, I automatically think of shooters like Killzone, Resistance, Halo, Gears, Call of Duty and, mostly, of their many, many clones. And, like I said in the other thread, I had a PC able play current-gen(in 2007) multiplatforms and bought a Wii in 2008. Also, in 2011 I bought a 360(it had a few JRPGs which I couldn't miss and, of course, Halo, which is awesome).

Why not think of Ratchet, Heavy Rain, Heavenly Sword, God of War, Little Big Planet, Batman, Grand Theft Auto, The Walking Dead, Journey, Braid.... and I could go on and on. Its not the Ps360's fault you assume they were infested with generic shooters when they both had awesome games of every genre

richardhutnik said:

If the Wii was a fad, then the reality of it leading this generation ends up evidence that the top console sales this generation were the result of a fad.  Think about that a minute, and then ask yourself if this a good thing regarding the future of home consoles.

Nonono. My success is the result of my intelligence and hard work. Your success is the result of blind luck. It's not a complicated concept!!!

phenom08 said:
phenom08 said:
phenom08 said:
pokoko said:

We can all make things up bud. Anyways its true, usually haters try to downplay the Wiis success by calling it a fad. Its usually just people being butthurt.

Word to the wise bud, don't try and argue things which can so easily be proven. You are going to feel salty Thursday, anticipate a new avatar

Lol, you haven't proven a thing in this thread so far. The Wii is as much of a fad as the PS3 a failure.

Did the thursday part fly over your head? Ps3 isn't even up for debate about being a failure. It had equal third party support with 360. It had equal quality exclusives from Sony but had the most exclusives compared to Ninteno and MS. It sold more than all but 3 1st place consoles. You really have no points to presnt here. Only thing that could be classified as a failure would be profits but thats niether your nor my concern.

Wii being a fad is obviously up for debate looking at poll results and how many posts this thread has

Lol why are you comparing how much previous first place consoles sold to how much the PS3 sold? Didnt you tell another poster "comparing a system that launched when consoles reached their limit at 60 million compared to a console that launched when consoles reached their limit at 160 million?" Yet here you are doing it yourself. Maybe you're doing it to make the PS3 look better than it is. PS3 being a failure is obvious if anything. It had all of what you listed and still sits 20 million units behind the Wii and it even sold less software. PS3 is much more of a failure than Wii is a fad.

If you take what I said completely out of context to fit your agenda... yeah... I guess you can say I said that. Okay let's ignore the first place console comment. I can still say Ps3 still sold more than last gens 2nd and 3rd place console by over x3...

phenom08 said:
phenom08 said:
phenom08 said:
pokoko said:

If you take what I said completely out of context to fit your agenda... yeah... I guess you can say I said that. Okay let's ignore the first place console comment. I can still say Ps3 still sold more than last gens 2nd and 3rd place console by over x3...

Yet still lost more money than they did. Lol, you just bragged about the PS3 being the most successful failure. Thats more than enough proof of it being a failure.

phenom08 said:
phenom08 said:
phenom08 said:
phenom08 said:
pokoko said:

Yet still lost more money than they did. Lol, you just bragged about the PS3 being the most successful failure. Thats more than enough proof of it being a failure.

Reported for off topic trolling. This discusion has nothing to do with Ps3 being a failure. I tried to humor your comment but now you are just completely trolling.