By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GoW Ascension is JAW DROPPING

adriane23 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
adriane23 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
I just beat Ascension. Trials of Archimedes was such a bitch, but I figured it out. Its pretty much common sense but it takes some gaming nohow of understanding mechanics and computer behavior.

After dying the first time, I thought it was really unfair. I even contemplated tweeting Adam Sessler an apology for calling him a bitch a week ago. Once I figured out what to do against each set of enemies though, it was pretty easy. I beat the trial on my third try (without the patch that nerfed it for all difficulty settings).

I dont even know if I got the patch but I beat it on hard. I parried alot but I dodged and Orkos stoned more than I even did that. Sometimes because of how many buttons this trial demands I forgot about my strong elemental attacks but eventually i used those and got stronger combos off. The Orkos stone and time suspension are a saving grace in this whole thing. I dunno how I would've gotten through it without. SSM must've gotten the memory that some people thought GOW was easy and decided to fuck with those people. Final Boss was one of the most epic ever. 

The patch came out last Saturday, I think. It basically gives you health and magic orbs after each level of the trial. If you didn't get any orbs, you played without the patch (like a boss). I always started off with the Orkos Stone, followed by Time Suspension, and then combos until the suspension wore off. Then I'd do two magic attacks (Hades or Zeus) with combos in between. Rinse and repeat until victory.

Honestly, I thought it was the most epic final battle in the series. The GOW3  final battle dragged on in my opinion, but the Zeus side scrolling 1 on 1 fight was awesome.

The hydras and the amazon chicks were the worst. Everyone else was easy. I can beat four hydras alone, but coupled with those chicks who shot out electicity it was worse. Outside of that it was smooth sailing. 

Around the Network

Just got to the trophy... dear lord can we say completely over blown

What makes me the most "wtf dude" about the sessler thing is people were defending him because apparently "the trophy name would be fine if it had to do with what was going on in the game"

...And i can say it's name was justifiable. Sessler is a panty waste

Max King of the Wild said:
What makes me the most "wtf dude" about the sessler thing is people were defending him because apparently "the trophy name would be fine if it had to do with what was going on in the game"

...And i can say it's name was justifiable. Sessler is a panty waste

I think he's been so used to defending the gaming industry for their non politically correct decisions that he's become a media tested Adam Sessler over the years. He knows what to do and how to bitch to make sure gaming companies dont get themselves into trouble with the media.