By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Grand Theft Auto DLC Revealed? Missions!? PS3 owners get love too?

Dutch (?) gaming site XGN has reported that the DLC for Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto IV will probably be new weapons, cars, and/or missions.  Also, they have reported that Rockstar said that after the two episodes come out on the XBOX 360, DLC will be considered for both platforms, not just the XBOX 360.

Discuss.

Around the Network

No real surprise. GTA has done extremely well on PS and PS2, which is the primary reason Rockstar have become a developer superpower in the first place. Rockstar owe us/them that much I think.

man GTAIV sounds dam good, if only i could afford a console and the game itself

So the extra content will be timed exclusive more or less?

Seems obvious. Though i imagine any PS3 downloadble content would be multiplat unless sony ponys up some money.

Around the Network

so it is : both get extra downloadable content

and microsoft gets 2 extra downloadable chapters

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Dallinor said:

Nah the first 2 episodes of content will be 360 only... and from there on, likely multi-platform.

It REALLY makes sense when you think about it.  Take 2 is hurting for money bad.  Some cheap (design wise) downloadble packages for GTA might just be what they need to fill the coffers back up some. 

Yes WhiteDevil is a happy man :D that was kinda a reason, i wasn't 100% sure i was gonna get it

Dallinor said:

The downloadable stuf, guns, car packs are for both platforms. The extra episodes are only for the 360.

madskillz said:
Dallinor said:

The downloadable stuf, guns, car packs are for both platforms. The extra episodes are only for the 360.

Are the extra episodes basically a bunch of extra missions? Or will there be new areas to visit aswell?

I'm not a big fan for downloading small extra content. (Like the extra weps for NGS, or new costumes for Folklore.)