By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I have 200 dollars to spend, and here are my options.

I'd say go with the first deal because not only will you have a bunch of free games but a huge library of other games dirt cheap and some great ones still to come out.

WiiU imo isn't worth getting at the moment and will likely get a price cut around the holidays.
Similarly the first year for PS4/720 are likely to also be dry and devoid of a lot of great games so I'd just want until holidays 2014 to pick up one of the next-gen systems since by that time they'll have a worth-while library and you'll have a great idea which one will appeal to you most.

In the meantime PS3 will keep you plenty busy at minimum expense for games and no online fees.

Around the Network

I'd say get that PS3 (which is a great deal) or put it towards a Wii U.

I do not see a hotel room + prostitute on your list of things to spend 200 bucks on.

You really need to reevaluate your priorities in life at this point...

No handhelds? lol.

I say go get the 1st option.

That's about a year worth of gaming, and it can hold you off for a loonggg time.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

The PS3 sounds good, and you might want to have one anyway since the PS4 isn't backwards compatible (not sure when Gaikai is launching for that or if you'd have enough bandwidth). Or you should probably just save it until the new console come out.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Around the Network

Not gonna give a definite suggestion, but here are a few facts to chew on:

1. The PS3 has an excellent library of great games, but if you buy that you'll be out of luck with regard to actually playing new games if you don't have more money. Unless you wanna put an extra few bucks toward PS+, I guess. However, be careful--once the PS4 comes out, we'll likely see at least a certain level of support drop from the PS3.

2. Wii U is struggling right now--unless there is a game you are burning inside to play right now, I'd hold off until later in the year when there will be more games and (probably) a price drop to coincide with the other consoles.

3. Gears is freaking awesome.

That's all I got lol

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

yeah, ps3 is a good option still since the ps4 won't be BC, possibly.
Honestly though, I'd save my money and just buy something like tropico 4 on steam and play that til e3.

Well even if PS3 gets a pricecut you've got 4 games with it so that's even better. I would also recommend a laundry list of old and new exclusives that I still have just because they're so fun to go back and playthrough every once and a while. PS+ can keep you entertained as I've found out by using it to fill the gaps between releases in the 7 months since I got it.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

I'd chose either 2 or 3. No.1 sounds great except with the PS4 coming out, there's no point in buying a PS3. Personally, if the PS4 hadn't been announced, I would definitely chose option 1.

Between 2 or 3, if you are looking for gaming now, you should chose option 2, although personally, I would buy the WiiU.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Sit on it.

It's always a good idea to sit on it...