By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii U price cut hasn't improved sales enough, says retailer

Gugerface said:
Then cut the price more to get rid of your extra stock. Your space and money could be better invested in something which actually, you know, sells.

So you created a new account just to troll the forums. Nice.

-mod edit-

This post has been moderated -twesterm

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Around the Network

I think when they released the wii u apon us most of us had allready had a list of what games we wanted black friday xmas time is deffo the best time to release any game and alot of shops were doing really good bundles and other such deals. Esp last year money was very tight people needed a bargain me personally recon nintendo prob should of waited on realesing the wii u and what i think made sure they had a steller line up on there best games also they should of advertised abit more months before the wii u was released having a pricy console with very few games not very apealing.I think this year its will be more like playstation 2 ,xbox, gamecube all over again in that order that apeals to us gamers i could be wrong thou its what im hearing across many game sites forums ive herd alot of people saying that there gunna pic up a ps4 this year i will admit being a bit of a fan of xbox,xbox360,dreamcast they have some truly stunning looking games coming out we will hopefully have some news about the next xbox next month i just hope they dont ban used games it deffo will be the most stupid thing microsoft could do after getting into the games market. I would buy one but not after many price cuts and i would never pay the full price on the opening week of any game if i did not like it i would be stuck with it i deffo would be pretty angry as will many of us £5-£8 would be my limit.

carlos710 said:
Gugerface said:
Then cut the price more to get rid of your extra stock. Your space and money could be better invested in something which actually, you know, sells.

Nintendo defense force. Yeah, go troll somewhere else.

-mod edit-

This post has been moderated -twesterm

Cobretti2 said:
Gugerface said:
Cobretti2 said:
Gugerface said:
Cobretti2 said:
Gugerface said:
Cobretti2 said:
QUICK SOMEONE FORWARD THIS ARTICLE TO PACHTER TO LET THE IDIOT KNOW PRICE CUT WILL NOT WORK.

What? Pricecut will work, when they cut the price to the level it is perceived to be.

if there is no games, price cut won't work. for long. maybe a month.

Games are more important than price cut atm. 

Ports don't count as most people would have them on ps360 so no exclusive incensitve to buy a Wii U.

Ports will work just fine, if the price is lower than ps360.

And why would it be lower when it is a new system?

Uhh, you are the one who is claiming that pricecuts would not work. Take a guess...

Nevermind, I'll help you out. Because the system is not selling at the current price. Oh my god. If it were cheaper than ps360 as in 99$ cheap, it would sell a lot. Unbelievable, right?

yes because the price cut helped VITA much, games is what will sell it. 

No matter how low the price is, if there is nothing for the system to sell it then why buy it to collect dust?

So vita is 99$ now? Link please, I'll buy one right now.

Retail base cuts, especially on new hardware, is never a good sign because the retailer in question are willing to give up the small markup margin on the console to hopefully sell what ever they can in terms of software and accessories. In Wii U's case its selling terrible on both hardware and software so I don't know what benefit retailers are getting out of this (outside clearing stock like the above mention guy said)

Around the Network
Gugerface said:
carlos710 said:
Gugerface said:

Sorry, I don't fall for baiting on the netz. Keep posting like that and soon enough you will be banned anyways

Hate Nintendo all you want. You'll make your own life harder due to their inevitable success.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Ji99saw said:
It's Over

This whole time I have been saying "It's too early to tell if the Wii U is screwed."  However last night I finally just came to the conclusion that there is no way this system will do well.  I am saying it will sell 15-40 million.  Here's why:

People will not buy it because:

-PSN and LIVE have a loyal fanbase built up that want to keep their accounts.  They will not switch to the Wii U.

[Just because you own both, does not mean most do.  You are the minority]

-It is effectively the same strength as current consoles with a little extra ram.

-The touchpad is not enough to justify its price premium, and the PS4 will have Vita/720 will have tablets.

-No compelling third party games you can't get elseware

Third Parties will not support it well because:

-Since no version has enough storage there will effectively little to no DLC,and no games can be installed.  This means longer load times and its extra power is completely bottlenecked by the lack of storage.

-Large updates are not feasable.  BF3's total update space is around 7 GB before DLC.  

-The Next Gen consoles will be easy to program for like their PC versions, and the PS360 have already been completely figured out.  There is no reason to figure out another IBM CPU for an install base of a few million, when an install base of 150 Mil is sitting around.

A price cut and games will not change this because:

-If it is cut to $200 when the PS4 comes out, PS360 will be $100-$200 and have a 7+ year library of great games.

-The PS4 will be about 10 times stronger and far more capaple.  This is where the hardcore will go.

-Great games will sell some consoles but remember I said 15-40 million.  I doubt it will be as bad as the dreamcast.

Put a fork in it, it's done.  If you want to debate this, fine.  But I ask people to not change the subject to vita or 3DS.  Those are a whole other beast, and changing the subject to them basically tells me you have nothing to say.

People like to freak out, but really the system is not at its prime. Were retailers freaking out when the 360 sold slowly?

carlos710 said:
Gugerface said:
carlos710 said:
Gugerface said:

Sorry, I don't fall for baiting on the netz. Keep posting like that and soon enough you will be banned anyways

Hate Nintendo all you want. You'll make your own life harder due to their inevitable success.

Why would I be banned for stating facts? Does the truth hurt or why the outcry?

pokoko said:
Dear ShopTo, if you're not hearing anything back from Nintendo on your price-cut right now, it's probably because it makes no damn sense.

When you do a price-cut, you do it in conjunction with high profile games and a serious add campaign. That way it looks official rather than desperate and it has new eye-candy to show off and promote. Does anyone think it a coincidence that Sony cut the Vita in Japan during a flurry of game releases that included one of its biggest titles yet along with a ton of advertising?

Seriously, you should have kept selling at a normal price and waited for support from Nintendo after the official announcement.

So for now they sit and do nothing with Wii Us lying around taking up space and gathering dust? They are losing money storing this stuff for Nintendo, so why shouldn't they try something (like the price cut). And I would expect Nintendo to actually say something to the retailers if they don't want things like this to happen, like some indication of when they might actually be able to move some stock.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89