By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii U price cut hasn't improved sales enough, says retailer

superchunk said:
What price cut?

and

Games are just now a comin'.

By end of year, it'll be fine sir.

With games launching, and launching to good reviews, people need to get their doom in now. They may not get another chance! 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

i played WiiU quite a lot first 2 months but im afraid its now frazzled out now. why are there no games everything coming out just seems to be ps360 games that was released last year.

i dont think much of a price drop will help, i wish this same console was released without the gamepad but with a standard wireless controller, possibly upping the power a little releasing at a cheaper price.

lets wait and see what happens this year

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Huh, that's actually a very reasonable price, same as the Vita. Don't know what more the retailers can do than that, it's in nintendo's hands now.

This is sad now and with next gen consoles coming in 7 months the future is even darker for the WiiU.

Euphoria14 said:
TheJimbo1234 said:
I'm not surprised. I saw some in the shops the other day and the dust covering them was insane. That alone will put people buying off something which is meant to be brand new and costs over £150.

I continue to believe it has something to do with the controller. That thing is just so uninviting.

That is certainly one of the WiiU's many challenges it needs to overcome.

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
TheJimbo1234 said:
I'm not surprised. I saw some in the shops the other day and the dust covering them was insane. That alone will put people buying off something which is meant to be brand new and costs over £150.

I continue to believe it has something to do with the controller. That thing is just so uninviting.

I don't mean to turn this thread into a bashing war, but I kind of agree.  I was playing around with the Wii-U controller in GAME today. It was lighter than I expected, which was good.  But from an aesthetic standpoint, it just... looks, wrong.  I don't know how to describe it really.  Too much white plastic everywhere.  I feel it could benefit from a bigger screen.

OT:  I was also in CEX today and I actually noticed they had increased their Wii-U space from half a shelf to a whole shelf.  So there's that!

Kinda weird that £189 isn't shifting more consoles though.  That's a pretty substantial reduction.

Otakumegane said:
Well DUH.

It has no gamez.

Well not necessarily. It could have in theory coasted on its launch lineup and Mario U for a year. Much like how PS3 coasted until MGS4 in 2008 and sold on brand name alone.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Didn't know I posted a dupe thread before coming here...

Anyway, this result couldn't have come at a worse or better time, considering how you look at it... The games are at the point of coming out! And what adds salt to open wounds in UK is the not so good news about the shipment fiasco that's happened here in the US, not to mention the rumours lurking around it as well...

As a side note, I'm playing a track called Insane Face by Brian Tyler from NFS The Run game. Which is quite fitting for this nerve-racking event that's unravelling as of late! 0.o

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!
sales2099 said:
Otakumegane said:
Well DUH.

It has no gamez.

Well not necessarily. It could have in theory coasted on its launch lineup and Mario U for a year. Much like how PS3 coasted until MGS4 in 2008 and sold on brand name alone.

I doubt most peopler even knows Mario U is in the works. We do because we actively follow gamming related news, but  the average consumer will not know until its advertised or released in stores.

AgentZorn said:
sales2099 said:
Otakumegane said:
Well DUH.

It has no gamez.

I doubt most peopler even knows Mario U is in the works. We do because we actively follow gamming related news, but  the average consumer will not know until its advertised or released in stores.

No im talking about the launch Mario U title, which has been advertised as the premier title with the WiiU for months. It just never energized the public like the Wii version did for some reason.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.