By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - EDGE 'always on, always connected' Durango SDK leak is real

maximrace said:
The usual suspects again turning this rumour ( with the second thread about in two days) to a fact so deep inside they can be happy because they hope the nextbox will fail. Very adult

I don't see why they want it to fail. It is one thing to favor Sony but it's another thing to wish another company to fail.

Around the Network
maximrace said:
The usual suspects again turning this rumour ( with the second thread about in two days) to a fact so deep inside they can be happy because they hope the nextbox will fail. Very adult

I know right.

Great news. i prefer a market without Microsoft anyways. Am i glad i had already decided to ditch them after the 360. The thing is only gonna get worse.

Nem said:
Great news. i prefer a market without Microsoft anyways. Am i glad i had already decided to ditch them after the 360. The thing is only gonna get worse.

Why?

They said back in 2005 that the 360 would be always connected too:

"It is always online"

"The console will also be always online"

"We think about Xbox 360 as being always connected..."

http://kotaku.com/103338/the-xbox-360

Around the Network
maximrace said:
The usual suspects again turning this rumour ( with the second thread about in two days) to a fact so deep inside they can be appy because they hope the nextbox will fail. Very adult

I dont want microsoft to fail. I made the 360 my choice of choice because of its choice of games. Im not making any presumtions based on rumours about nextbox but i'll give my thoughts in these threads about said rumours.  I dont care if its aalways on, always connected. What i care about is the Kinect rumours that sadly are to many to be dismissed.

I personally hate Kinect. Im up at 06.30 monday to friday. Ill walk the dog in the morning or after work. Im on my feet all day. Ill make dinner  if im home before the wife. When i get an hour to play games i dont want to stand move about. I want to sit comfortable or lie down and get lost in a game. I dont want to be forced into motion controls like Skyward Sword. Microsoft have been wise to make Kinect optional in their games and i hope it continues because i like just having a controller in my hand. 

Kinect sold by the bucket load but nit because of its outstanding games.  Developers so far have been happy to have fat chicks or bored housewives buy the latest "get fit" game. These people will buy 1 game every blue moon. Its gamers like ourselves who buy titl 

es regularly that  keep them in business. Its gamers like ourselves who prefer a proper controller with no extras. Hooefully Kinect is optional or maybe sold as a different SKU. But again, its just rumour and im just guessing. Sony have got of to a brilliant start with PS4. The only gimmick is a touch controller that ill never use. Now ill wait and see what microsoft offer. As long as its not Kinect.

walsufnir said:
Nem said:

Why?

Quite honestly cause they dont care about their costumers. We have been almost forced to get Xbox live gold, they stoped making new games or getting exclusives and all they do is rehash the same 4 IP's, moving to kinect and the average consumer in the process. On top of that they all but left the console to rot in the last 2 years. They only want to rack up as much money as they can without moving a finger. I dont really want that kind of company in the market. They add nothing positive to it. Just leeches after your every penny.

kowenicki said:
Some massive mis-representation in here.

A stand by mode and ability to background download even when in standby mode = must be always on and always connected? (Its actually a natural progression for the existing 360 feature for downloads)

Installing all games and not running from disc is bad?

....and where does it say 2nd hand games are banned? Not that I give a toss about this.

I believe i mentioned 2nd hand games. I read it in a different thread and shouldnt have mentioned it here. After you read a few of these threads on Nextbox  they all seem to decend into the same old topics and rumours so i forgot myself. My bad.

Game installs, next xbox will be hacked easily that's why they are talking about DRM.

kowenicki said:
Nem said:
walsufnir said:
Nem said:

Why?

Quite honestly cause they dont care about their costumers. We have been almost forced to get Xbox live gold, they stoped making new games or getting exclusives and all they do is rehash the same 4 IP's, moving to kinect and the average consumer in the process. On top of that they all but left the console to rot in the last 2 years. They only want to rack up as much money as they can without moving a finger. I dont really want that kind of company in the market. They add nothing positive to it. Just leeches after your every penny.

I'm not sure the fancy-dress wearing gaming community is that big... so I dont think they will be too concerned.

(PS your posts here in this thread bring nothing and sound rather biased and baseless)

Thats ok cause i wasnt answering you, so you can just ignore it. I am here to give my opinion on the subject, and i did, not exactly to please your preferances.