By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Battlefield 4 Sticks To 720P/60 FPS on Next-Gen Consoles – Frostbite 2.5, Game Details Leaked

60 frames is paramount.

Around the Network

so, why is everybody laughing at the Wii U when news about Project Cars running at 720p and 30FPS?
i am going to laugh at you just for fun when that thing runs similar (of course not at the same level) than Wii U versions.
that doesn't sound right, eh? stick with your prefered console, but don't say things you don't know about yet dissmising Nintendo hardware capabilites.
Be gentlement, gamers, not assholes!

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
my tv is only 720 p so this is great news ahahah

Yeah. Seems like it. But if the internal rendering resolution is 1080p you will still see a big difference on a 720p TV. You would basically get a downsampled 1080p game. Some pc gamers use downsampling in 4k resolutions on 1080p monitors for exactly that effect and I am everytime amazed how much of an impact downsampling makes. The Image looks substantially better if its rendered in 1080p regardless of your TV. A 4k game on a 1080p TV will make your eyeballs melt.

Rather its 1080p/30 fps or 720p/60 fps, doesn't really matter, it all feel and plays great.

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

8GB  of GDD-Fail Ram!

User was warned for this post - Kantor

Around the Network
Netyaroze said:
I am not sure that this is necessary unless the effects and graphic are much better than in BF 3. High 1080p runs at 60 fps on a 7850-7870.

Without any optimizations.

Even Ultra 1440p is doable on a 7870 at 30fps.

So if its indeed just 720p/60fps Battlefield 4 on a console it must be a huge step over Battlefield 3.

ORRRRrrrrr

1) MSony are using GPUs that are slightly below "7850-7870".

2) Likely with so much changing and new SDKs/engines/etc... its not fully optimized to the hardware yet.

So, don't expect major advances over BF3 (on PC), instead expect it to be a solid game where the console finally matches full breadth of PC (without kb/ms).

I won't be buying this as I did't expect it to be on WiiU due to EAs spat with Nintendo. Granted, even if it did come, my experience with PS3 BF3 made me cringe and I'd likely go to PC anyways. kb/ms is just better in every way for real FPS. IDK, I guess if it at least matched size and scope of PC I may consider console version again.

60FPS is just the right trade-off. I don't have any issues with the resolution as long as the updated frostbite engine can display stunning gameplay graphics at this frame rate.

Not next-gen confirmed?

Nice upgrade

Good start for their first NextGen Games on actual NextGen Consoles
Next Games will probably be better and better optimized.Transitions Games or early NextGen Games are only a small preview and a big testphase to look what is doable with the PS4Nextbox.

cbarroso09 said:
so, why is everybody laughing at the Wii U when news about Project Cars running at 720p and 30FPS?
i am going to laugh at you just for fun when that thing runs similar (of course not at the same level) than Wii U versions.
that doesn't sound right, eh? stick with your prefered console, but don't say things you don't know about yet dissmising Nintendo hardware capabilites.
Be gentlement, gamers, not assholes!

Racing games in general need much less power compared to a realistic shooter.Forza and GT5 looked stunning cause racing games and car models in general are a lot easier to get looking good.
GT5 is running on 60fps too...PS3 NextGen confirmed?

BF3 was running on consoles absolutely terrible and had a lot less value than the PC Version.
The PC Version had NextGen Graphics,BIG MAPS,64 players and everything else...The console versions didn't
Its a big step if BF4 on consoles is supporting 64 Players on those gigant maps with 64 Players and all those effects with stable 60fps...
This is such a big improvement on consoles.

WiiU people are funny.

Battlefield 4 Gets Frosbite 2.5 Engine – Destruction 4.0, Tessellation, Dynamic Weather Affects

we mentioned how the next generation Battlefield 4 would utilize 80% of the Frostbite engine’s power compared to 30% utilization in Battlefield 3.

As you may have noted, the cover image shows a glimpse of these weather effects such as rain. Battlefield 4 would also bring back the much renowned and upgraded Destruction 4.0 system to the game which would offer destructible environments and buildings which we saw back in Bad Company 2.
However, the next generation consoles including the PC would get 64 players while the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 would stick to the default 24 player setup which is currently seen on Battlefield 3.

This is more than a small upgrade from both sides
DICE is pushing hard

I wish they'd give the option for 1080p/30fps on PS4.

"These are the highest quality pixels that anybody has seen"