By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Thread "Tokyo Game Trailer Is UP!"

Awesome if true I loved both of them.

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
maximus22 said:

X-2 was actually a really good game if you could manage to get your brain past the fact that you are playing a group of mind-numbingly annoying japanese teeny boppers. I, unfortunately, could not.

i remember my then gf watching me play the game and thought: "WTF are you playing!" the relationship ended soon after that...

Yeah she shouldn't be able to see the tv from the kitchen.  I'd have dumped her ass too.

So Vita is getting the superior version of FFX.

I don't know why FF X-2 is getting so much hate. It was the favourite FF of my wife and she is looking forward to replaying it. The Battlesystem was great. Ok, the story was very lighthearted but it was a good contrast after the depressing and dark FF X. So after playing both FF X and FF X-2 it was a fitting experience for me.

I think that the main problem of many US gamer with JRPGs like Final Fantasy is that they see the main character as a personification of themselves in the game. I mean, for example, that Cloud/Squall/Zidane/Tidus etc. is "me in the game". Like in a WRPG where you create your character and the Story is built around YOU.

I feel that modern JRPGs want you to be a neutral Observer and you should see the story through the eyes of ALL characters at a rather equal scale. So you can see the conflict form different points of view.

Final Fantasy X-2 was the first Final Fantasy without male characters. That may put off many US gamer. But the game itself got very good reviews and delivers high production value as usual.

I'm all up for that. I hear the FFX-2 Last Mission is up there with FFXII Zodiac and KH2 FM+

Around the Network

Looking forward to both! Love me some FFX and FFX-2.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Looks like it's true.
The text( from Jump scans) says FF-x and X-2, 2 titles together for PS3. FF-x and FF-X2 PS vita separate.

Is that some kind of sabotage towards Vita? Who's gonna foot the bill twice for the Vita game(s)? Can't wait to hear how they will justify that...

I'll probably buy it... for the HD fanservice. *no shame*

Oh, they are being bundled together? Even better.

Cheddarchet said:

Having never played either game, I'm pretty happy to hear this. Some of the comments about X-2 are a tad worrisome however...

Despite the story and overall tone of the game being rather ridiculous, the battle system was one of the better ones in the series. So, stay for the gameplay, but not for much else.