By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA CEO John Riccitiello Steps Down

N-Magic said:
Could this be a turnaround for EA’s lacking support towards Nintendo?…

Doubt it. Expect even less support in the future.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
This could be a good day for gaming, provided the new CEO ditches the typical EA mindset. I don't have high hopes though.

Why would you draw that conclusion? (not that you do, but for argument's sake, since you do hope)

My interpretation of this is: Riccitello's srategy coming in as the new CEO 5 years ago was to make EA more focused, developer friendly and somewhat more respected among the hardcore gamer crowd. This was a long term plan before the company and shareholders could reap their fruit, just like Riccitello tried to communicate a couple of years ago. But this plan failed and shareholders started to become increasing anxious and demand a new direction, back to the safe EA mentality, which is the reason why we've seen more of the "nasty old EA" in the last year, but it wasn't a drastic enough and fast enough adaptation by Riccitello and that's why he was let go.

I'm not saying Riccitello was good but at least the 2008-2012 EA with more focus on HD hardcore games like Dragon Age, ME, Dante's Inferno, Mirror's Edge, Dead Space, Kingdoms of Amalur and Crysis was better than the traditional "The Sims/NeedForSpeed/FIFA-only EA", and I'm afraid that the next longterm CEO of EA will be more unscrupulous like Activision's Bob Kotick.

(:

This guy hurt EA from the start ,iam glad he is gone

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3