By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Should NiNoKuni have been a Vita exclusive?

Vita or PS3?

Should have been on Vita 20 16.67%

Should have been on both (crossbuy) 41 34.17%

It's right on PS3 59 49.17%

Total:120

I feel like PS3 needs it less than Vita does right now.  A JRPG on a system that is heavily reliant on Japanese success seems like a good idea to me.  The turn based combat fits portables well and coupled with Soul Sacrifice it could've been a real big first quarter for Vita (it's already doing pretty decent with a price cut).

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network
I don't know how a game that is already in a handheld can be considered exclusive. I can understand being exclusive in console, but I'm sorry; Ni No Kuni was released in the Nintendo DS ô.o (So it is not exclusive in the Vita, if they had chosen that path).
Anyway, no. The Vita will have Soul Sacrifice.

Yea, it needs exclusives period! Would of jump up sales by alot, i mean alotttt

Both would have been a wise idea I say.

Maybe Puppeteer and Sly 4 should've/should be Vita exclusives too (would've gotten me to buy one since I love Sly and Puppeteer looks awesome. A GoW and/or GTA could do wonders for Vita especially after seeing what those franchises could do on PSP.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

Ni No Kuni 2 Vita exclusive, make it happen, captain.

well I think it would have hurt western sales of the game (which were actually the strong point) it would have sold more vita's but less software overall, but I'm not sure Level 5, or Ghibli care about selling vitas more than they do about selling copies of the software.

platformmaster918 said:
Maybe Puppeteer and Sly 4 should've/should be Vita exclusives too (would've gotten me to buy one since I love Sly and Puppeteer looks awesome. A GoW and/or GTA could do wonders for Vita especially after seeing what those franchises could do on PSP.

i have a feeling we will be getting a vita version of puppeteer. but i think sony are trying to profit more from software sales than push hardware when it comes to studio japan. rain+puppeteer would have been perfect for vita, but they are both (as for now) just for the ps3

wait so your saying the DS vers back in 2010 dosent count and that it should have been ported to Vita instead of its 2011 PS3 release, therefore delaying the game even longer... somone didnt research the game

ktay95 said:
wait so your saying the DS vers back in 2010 dosent count and that it should have been ported to Vita instead of its 2011 PS3 release, therefore delaying the game even longer... somone didnt research the game

You don't like reading my posts, don't you? ;_;