By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Should NiNoKuni have been a Vita exclusive?

Vita or PS3?

Should have been on Vita 20 16.67%

Should have been on both (crossbuy) 41 34.17%

It's right on PS3 59 49.17%

Total:120
bananaking21 said:
platformmaster918 said:
Maybe Puppeteer and Sly 4 should've/should be Vita exclusives too (would've gotten me to buy one since I love Sly and Puppeteer looks awesome. A GoW and/or GTA could do wonders for Vita especially after seeing what those franchises could do on PSP.

i have a feeling we will be getting a vita version of puppeteer. but i think sony are trying to profit more from software sales than push hardware when it comes to studio japan. rain+puppeteer would have been perfect for vita, but they are both (as for now) just for the ps3

I don't think that'll do much good.  Too many console ports.  They need actual exclusive games that are good (SS, LBP, Uncharted, and Gravity Rush are good, but more are needed).  It might piss off some PS3 owners but I'm sure Nintendo gamers would love to have had a true console Pokemon game or SM3DLand on Wii or WiiU but there's a reason they're not.  A handheld needs to be more than just playing the exact same games you have on your console on the go.  An exclusive Ratchet, GTA, GoW, and/or Final Fantasy would do wonders for Vita.  I know 3rd parties keep thinking "there's not enough units" but there are never going to be unless THEY start giving people some exclusive stuff.  I mean honestly look at MH and how big it got on PSP you could make your game synonymous with a platform and end up increasing its sales in the end.  An old school Final Fantasy exclusive to the Vita would get old school PS fans and new FF gamers alike interested in buying one.  An exclusive Ratchet, Sly, or Puppeteer would get me interested (as long as it's not like Agent Clank or the last 2 entries).  An exclusive GoW might push me over as well.  I'm not into JRPGs and personally I'm not a portable guy so I'm kinda glad the platformers aren't on Vita only but honestly they need to give people some stuff they can't get on PS3.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

It should've been a DS exclusive.

platformmaster918 said:
bananaking21 said:
platformmaster918 said:
Maybe Puppeteer and Sly 4 should've/should be Vita exclusives too (would've gotten me to buy one since I love Sly and Puppeteer looks awesome. A GoW and/or GTA could do wonders for Vita especially after seeing what those franchises could do on PSP.

i have a feeling we will be getting a vita version of puppeteer. but i think sony are trying to profit more from software sales than push hardware when it comes to studio japan. rain+puppeteer would have been perfect for vita, but they are both (as for now) just for the ps3

I don't think that'll do much good.  Too many console ports.  They need actual exclusive games that are good (SS, LBP, Uncharted, and Gravity Rush are good, but more are needed).  It might piss off some PS3 owners but I'm sure Nintendo gamers would love to have had a true console Pokemon game or SM3DLand on Wii or WiiU but there's a reason they're not.  A handheld needs to be more than just playing the exact same games you have on your console on the go.  An exclusive Ratchet, GTA, GoW, and/or Final Fantasy would do wonders for Vita.  I know 3rd parties keep thinking "there's not enough units" but there are never going to be unless THEY start giving people some exclusive stuff.  I mean honestly look at MH and how big it got on PSP you could make your game synonymous with a platform and end up increasing its sales in the end.  An old school Final Fantasy exclusive to the Vita would get old school PS fans and new FF gamers alike interested in buying one.  An exclusive Ratchet, Sly, or Puppeteer would get me interested (as long as it's not like Agent Clank or the last 2 entries).  An exclusive GoW might push me over as well.  I'm not into JRPGs and personally I'm not a portable guy so I'm kinda glad the platformers aren't on Vita only but honestly they need to give people some stuff they can't get on PS3.

i honestly agree with everything you said. but NiNokuni isnt first party, its third party and sony didnt make it, so it really wasnt their choice. the devs would have went with a console that would make better profits and more sales, which is the ps3

They should just accept Vita's fate as a streaming/emulation device and stop making dedicated games for it. Eventually it will get PS3 streaming through Gaikai and all PS4 games will stream to it. Making games exclusive to Vita alienates the console only players and with most games limits their scope. Making games for PS3/4 and then either porting or having Vita stream is the better alternative to both fanbases. Sony loses money with each Vita sold in Japan so why would they sacrifice happy customers and a healthy income just to increase the instal base?

No, because then i would have never played and realised the beauty that is...Ni no kuni ;)

Bradford City Fan for life

Recent favourite games: Ni No Kuni, Fifa 13, Batman Arkham City

Best games of all time: Pokemon Red, Dragon Warrior 3, The last of us, Uncharted 2 and 3

3ds friend code add me: 1950-8131-6814

PSN ID: Mr_Vezzo_Khanny - add to start a clan in the last of us mutiplayer

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
They should just accept Vita's fate and stop making games for it.

Just like how third party developers should give up making games for the Wii U.

Oh wait.. :o

why does it say somone replied to me?? i dont have a reply on here

hinch said:
JoeTheBro said:

Completely different situations. The Wii U has a bright future with Nintendo's first party games. Third parties can make some extra cash and give it ports.

The Vita however is trying to be a home console in your hands. This barely works now but once the PS4 launches this strategy will fall apart. Vita versions of next gen games will be pitiful. On top of that every PS4 game will be able to stream to Vita in full HD. Why would anyone play Assassin's Creed Liberation 2 Vita when they can play Assassin's Creed 4 on the same device? Sony needs to accept Vita's fate as a streaming/emulation device and stop wasting resources on exclusive games that would be better on consoles.

JoeTheBro said:

Why did you even post in this thread? Other to derail and troll the vita?

JoeTheBro said:
hinch said:
JoeTheBro said:

Completely different situations. The Wii U has a bright future with Nintendo's first party games. Third parties can make some extra cash and give it ports.

The Vita however is trying to be a home console in your hands. This barely works now but once the PS4 launches this strategy will fall apart. Vita versions of next gen games will be pitiful. On top of that every PS4 game will be able to stream to Vita in full HD. Why would anyone play Assassin's Creed Liberation 2 Vita when they can play Assassin's Creed 4 on the same device? Sony needs to accept Vita's fate as a streaming/emulation device and stop wasting resources on exclusive games that would be better on consoles.

Edit: Removed post. Dont want to turn this thread into Wii U vs Vita debate.