By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Should NiNoKuni have been a Vita exclusive?

Vita or PS3?

Should have been on Vita 20 16.67%

Should have been on both (crossbuy) 41 34.17%

It's right on PS3 59 49.17%

Total:120
Mmmfishtacos said:
JoeTheBro said:
They should just accept Vita's fate and stop making games for it.

Why did you even post in this thread? Other to derail and troll the vita?

No no no. The Vita's fate is as a PS4 streaming device with a few niche titles thrown in. I forgot that I was wearing Nintendo so I see how my post got misinterpreted. I'll edit it.

Around the Network

Hey guess what, this game came out over a year before the Vita was even launched in Japan.

So no, it shouldn't have been a Vita exclusive, that would've made no sense at all.

Well I do think the Vita is missing some killer jrpg's right now, I don't think Ni No Kuni on Vita would have been the best move for the game. It sold quite well in the States in such a short time, had it been on the Vita, it definitely wouldn't have gotten the audience the game clearly deserves. I really hope some big titles hit the Vita to continue the legs, but please don't go the VC route with Ni No Kuni. The wounds are still sensitive.

Eventually a third party should take the dive and go all in on a Vita game. Yeah there aren't many of them but there aren't going to be until a big game is there. Why not make YOUR game the one people get when get a Vita? GAMES increase the install base yet everyone is afraid to make games for it because of the install base. It's a treacherous cycle and I don't see how any platform will get off the ground with this kind of attitude from 3rd parties.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

platformmaster918 said:

I feel like PS3 needs it less than Vita does right now.  A JRPG on a system that is heavily reliant on Japanese success seems like a good idea to me.  The turn based combat fits portables well and coupled with Soul Sacrifice it could've been a real big first quarter for Vita (it's already doing pretty decent with a price cut).

But how would it help Vita in US and Europe? Ni no Kuni sold good there but to me it seems it's not a system-seller. 

Around the Network

I can't get it why Sony is pumping out so many exclusive games on PS3 this year, while Vita only has 3 noteworthy games coming (Soul Sacrifice, KZ, Tearaway). Ni No Kuni, Puppeteer, even GoW: Ascension would all be better on Vita. There is just no point in supporting PS3 so hard this late in its lifecycle, especially when Vita is struggling the way it is.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Nope, not at all. The game was completed and released for the PS3 before the Vita was released! It wouldn't make sense for L5 to scrap all the work they put into the game and to delay it for a brand new untested device.

The game even had it's own special edition PS3 console.

http://www.jp.playstation.com/ps3/hardware/cejh10019.html

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Vita exclusive nah. Maybe down the line with a future installment after PS3 fans have become familiar with the series, but this one on PS3 was the best move. If anything maybe remote play to let people get the feel of Ni No Kuni on Vita. People have used custom firmware updates to play it on Vita and claim it is a much better experience there than on PS3.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

No, better not Vita exclusive. I hope for a Sequel, sales on the vita would be too low if it was exclusive.

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

I would actually buy it if it was in Vita. I just don't like these sorts of games on Home systems