By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii U Initial Sales Better Than PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360?

why do people keep on saying wiiu had a good launch, do you guys have any idea what your talking about, for a console that is not supply constraint at 299$-349$ to sell only 456,000 units in December is not good by any means, i knew right away that those sales were bad and predicted the sales for jan to be 59,000, sure if you compare it the 360, ps3 and wii they look good but do you guys bother to check why, both 360 and wii were sold for months after launch, we all know this is fact, and ps3 was a little bit supply constrained and 499-599$ which is way to high for it sell at a healthy level.

Around the Network
ninjablade said:

Your sig is wrong.

The Wii U has 1,013 GFLOPs.

And you also got many other wrongs in your sig.

FYI even the 3DS has more Shader Cores then the 360's 48 Shader Cores.

ninjablade said:

why do people keep on saying wiiu had a good launch, do you guys have any idea what your talking about, for a console that is not supply constraint at 299$-349$ to sell only 456,000 units in December is not good by any means, i knew right away that those sales were bad and predicted the sales for jan to be 59,000, sure if you compare it the 360, ps3 and wii they look good but do you guys bother to check why, both 360 and wii were sold for months after launch, we all know this is fact, and ps3 was a little bit supply constrained and 499-599$ which is way to high for it sell at a healthy level.

Ps3 was also missing in it's biggest market. Even if we take the 4months of Europes sales for the Ps3 it is still at a disadvantage because the launch was not in the holiday season.

If we were to take Nov 17 2007 - March 18 2008 and add it to Ps3 numbers it might give you a different look at Wii Us sales... but of course thats flawed also. No matter what you do to compare Ps3 launch to Wii U launch its a flawed comparison that just handicaps the Ps3 anyway you look at it.

Just for giggles though. During Ps3's first holiday period in Europe Ps3 sold ~2mil... this paints the Wii U in a whole different light and I think this is a fair comparison considering the Ps3 doesn't benefit from the impressive 600k launch sales.

Max King of the Wild said:
ninjablade said:

Ps3 was also missing in it's biggest market. Even if we take the 4months of Europes sales for the Ps3 it is still at a disadvantage because the launch was not in the holiday season.

If we were to take Nov 17 2007 - March 18 2008 and add it to Ps3 numbers it might give you a different look at Wii Us sales... but of course thats flawed also. No matter what you do to compare Ps3 launch to Wii U launch its a flawed comparison that just handicaps the Ps3 anyway you look at it.

Just for giggles though. During Ps3's first holiday period in Europe Ps3 sold ~2mil... this paints the Wii U in a whole different light and I think this is a fair comparison considering the Ps3 doesn't benefit from the impressive 600k launch sales.

I don't think anybody can deny if ps3 launched WW every where at the same time like wiiu, it would be ahead by at least a million even at 499-599$

Kaizar said:
ninjablade said:

Your sig is wrong.

The Wii U has 1,013 GFLOPs.

And you also got many other wrongs in your sig.

FYI even the 3DS has more Shader Cores then the 360's 48 Shader Cores.

Around the Network
ninjablade said:
ninjablade said:

I don't think anybody can deny if ps3 launched WW every where at the same time like wiiu, it would be ahead by at least a million even at 499-599$

Provide proof then. It seems to be something you allways fail to do.

ninjablade said:
ninjablade said:

I think if it launched WW at the same time it would get the same 600k opening week that it did in March which already puts it above Wii U AND it obviously wouldn't drop off as fast considering holiday sales sustaining it. Over 1mil with a WW launch? with ease I say. And the Ps3 was universially thought of as a dead on arrival in 2006

newwil7l said:
ninjablade said:
ninjablade said:

Easy enough, Ps3 opened up at 600k March 24th 2007. If it had a WW launch those sales would probably be the same without the drop off because of holiday sales. Or another way you can look at it is see the first Nov - March sales the Ps3 had in EU was 1.9mil...

newwil7l said:
ninjablade said:
ninjablade said:

what proof do you want exactly a fair comparison, would  be ps3 numbers from europe in its first holiday meaning, the same time frame wiiu launched, meaning november through march 18 or when ever officail numbers were released, that would be then only fair comparsion and ps3 beats wiiu by almost 2 million WW, need more proof then that.

ninjablade said:
ninjablade said:

I think if it launched WW at the same time it would get the same 600k opening week that it did in March which already puts it above Wii U AND it obviously wouldn't drop off as fast considering holiday sales sustaining it. Over 1mil with a WW launch? with ease I say. And the Ps3 was universially thought of as a dead on arrival in 2006

exactly the is proof right there in front of there eyes, but i guess people just can't handle the proof.:p