By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Journey gets a 40, halo 4 20 on Metacritic. Quarter to Three should be removed from metacritic

Still not as bad as giving SimCity 2013 a 10

"A fantastic city simulation that meets all expectations. So perfectly balanced it makes it easy to pick up and enjoy, but proves to be very difficult to master. Funny, addictive and with great options for both co-operative and competitive online play - Sim City is a clear candidate for Game of the Year."

That Journey review is pretty terrible. If you're fishing for attention, at least make it funny like Zero Punctuation.

Around the Network

So because you don't agree with them, they should be disqualified?

curl-6 said:

As i stated before it has nothing to do with me disagreeing.  It is about how unprofessional these reviews are.

JayWood2010 said:
curl-6 said:

As i stated before it has nothing to do with me disagreeing.  It is about how unprofessional these reviews are.

Looking over their Journey and Halo 4 reviews, they don't seem any less professional than most game reviewers. Just more opinionated.

dsgrue3 said:
Sure seems to like Pinball games...

ZEN Pinball 3D - 5/5
Pinball FX 2: Star Wars Pinball - 5/5
Pinball FX 2: Epic Quest - 4/5
The Pinball Arcade - 4/5
Pinball FX 2: Marvel Pinball - Avengers Chronicles - 4/5

Basically this guy is a complete Dungeons & Dragons type nerd that still lives with his mom and never leaves the basement.

Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 - 4/5 <---------(Yep - I'm right.)

So what your saying is... he's pretty representative of video game reviewers then.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
JayWood2010 said:
curl-6 said:

Looking over their Journey and Halo 4 reviews, they don't seem any less professional than most game reviewers. Just more opinionated.

But he has to be objective with certain aspects of the game like controls, music, presentation, graphics, online etc. There is just no way Halo 4 deserves a 20 no matter how much he didn't like the game. Reviewing (at least professional reviewing) can't be just about whether you liked the game or not.

Talal said:
curl-6 said:
JayWood2010 said:
curl-6 said:

But he has to be objective with certain aspects of the game like controls, music, presentation, graphics, online etc. There is just no way Halo 4 deserves a 20 no matter how much he didn't like the game. Reviewing (at least professional reviewing) can't be just about whether you liked the game or not.

His Halo 4 review makes logical and reasonable points. I may not agree with him, (It's an 8/10 to me) but nothing about it is less valid than the plethora of 9/10 reviews for the game.

ive given up on metacritic. People just look at the scores and never read the review. Having said that i don't particularly like tom chick. Some of his reviews reads like rants than criticism.

In other words he's a hipster?

I bet he's writing all these reviews on a typewriter attachment for his iPad while riding a bicycle circa late 19th century.

curl-6 said:
Talal said:
curl-6 said:
JayWood2010 said:
curl-6 said:

His Halo 4 review makes logical and reasonable points. I may not agree with him, (It's an 8/10 to me) but nothing about it is less valid than the plethora of 9/10 reviews for the game.

It would have been fine with me if he at least gave it more than 50. 20 is just too cruel imo.