By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - ALL marioboys bought SMG and Wii? Or speculations made on SMG and SMS sales

stof said:
Crazy thinks that a game out for years with multiple Christmases and players choice rereleases is the same as 12 weeks (10 in NA and Europe). And that's why there isn't a shred of sense in this analysis.

THAT IS The main problem, GAME WOUDLN`T REACH SMS NUMBERS SO FAST with same numbers of USERBASE(20 mln.) and then decline so FAST, if MOST OF the userbase wouldn`t be nintendo fanboys.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

It hurts me to see such idiotique logic, Crazzy how can you not see how stupid this thread is?? I mean come on this can't be for real.

RolStoppable said:
I admire how Crazzyman is arguing with people in his joke thread. If I wouldn't know better, I would think that this is a serious thread. But Crazzyman did an awesome job in catching your attention.

Oh I agree arguing with him is pointless, but my responce was for the benefit of the folks who really don't know any better.

If I'm being honest I don't think this was intended as a joke thread. I think he is serious.  Which is far more frightening

To Each Man, Responsibility

Double

Everyone has bought Mario galaxy because EVERYONE knows who Mario is. Also it's the second best rated game of all time.

My Grandmother know who Mario is. My cousin knows who Mario is... and the Wii is the first videogame system he's had. (The age between my dad and his brother was... well i'm closer in age to his brother then he is.)

Mario is the Superman of cartoons. The second most well known character is probably like... Lara Croft.

Everyone else is likely a bit pile of "no clue."

Around the Network
CrazzyMan said:

Just since when Mario game become somehting more, then FF or GT series?

Since the NES released?  Maybe Atari.  With a similar userbase Mario will definitly sell FF and probably outsell GT, though to be fair their are a lot of driving nuts in europe.

There is no bigger franchise then Mario in gaming.

CrazzyMan said:

"Just since when Mario game become somehting more, then FF or GT series?"

-100 credibility

OUCH!

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Kasz216 said:
Everyone has bought Mario galaxy because EVERYONE knows who Mario is. Also it's the second best rated game of all time.

My Grandmother know who Mario is. My cousin knows who Mario is... and the Wii is the first videogame system he's had. (The age between my dad and his brother was... well i'm closer in age to his brother then he is.)

Mario is the Mickey Mouse of Gaming. The second most well known character is probably like... Master Chief.

Everyone else is likely a bit pile of "no clue."

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Eh, Masterchief is a good choice too actually, though i kinda disagree. Even with the massive marketing blitz's and "Master Chief Banks here" stuff i don't think most people know who he is, i don't think he penetrated the market much beyond the gamer market. I think everyone took notice then put it out of mind.

I think if you showed a picture of Master Chief to people most non-gamers would have no clue. While more people would get Lara Croft. I blame it on Master Cheif not having a face... or a movie. While Lara has both.

Of course Lara Croft doesn't sell well anymore but i blame that more on the quality of the games.  I mean the Lara Croft games are what got my Aunt into gaming.  She'd heard of her before, so she bought it for her computer cheap... got addicted and bought a 360.

CrazzyMan said:

I'm wrong and claim wrong facts, I'm sorry and will quit now.

good, let it out

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.