By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - ALL marioboys bought SMG and Wii? Or speculations made on SMG and SMS sales

So... because less than half of all Wii owners have Mario Galaxy, 85% of Wii owners are Mario/Nintendo fanboys?

Around the Network

i'm also confused by that...

daactualfact said:
also, what the hell is up with your grammar?? i couldn't understand half of the shit you were saying to soriku!!!

I laugh at this hilarious post. No capital letters, putting two question marks and three exclamation marks and then complaining about Crazzys grammar, which (on this page at least) is fine. Crazzy is also from Lithuania, though the grammar difference between languages is often minimal.

I meet people searching Mario galaxy and they not find

misterd said:
So... because less than half of all Wii owners have Mario Galaxy, 85% of Wii owners are Mario/Nintendo fanboys?

FACT: THE ATTACH RATIO OF SMG(with 20 mln. Wii) IS SAME AS ATTACH RATIO OF SMS(with 21.5 mln. GC). HINT: most GC owners were nintendo fanboys.

Now, sorry guys, go to bed, all other answers tomorrow. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

What kind of user on here has a Nemo avatar?

Why did you compare Mario to Gears? They're not even the same genre, but they do have similar sales rates. People buy products, like game consoles, on which software they offer. Mario appeals to everyone, so of course it's going to sell a lot.

I don't actually see you making an argument. From what I can tell, you seem to be complaining that Wii owners are purchasing a game that is currently ranked second highest of all time.
You also point out that Super Mario Sunshine sold roughly the same with a close userbase, but I don't understand what that is meant to prove.
Maybe people buy Nintendo consoles expecting a level of quality in their games, a level of quality that Nintendo tends to fill with its Super Mario series.
They're both great games, and they both should be purchased.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

You are not condsidering that Wii owners seem to be buzzing about Wii more than GCN owners did. Also, SMG is a different caliber of games.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

it looks like SMG has a decent chance to SURPASS gta:sa by the time that graph hits week 16...another 4 weeks is another 1-1.5 million install base to buy the game

and wii has 1/5th the install base for this; crazy just pwned himself

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp
CrazzyMan said:
misterd said:

FACT: THE ATTACH RATIO OF SMG(with 20 mln. Wii) IS SAME AS ATTACH RATIO OF SMS(with 21.5 mln. GC). HINT: most GC owners were nintendo fanboys.

Now, sorry guys, go to bed, all other answers tomorrow. =)

Except it isn't. This is the attach rate after 2 months on the market, while SMS was on the market for what? 4 years? When SMS launched the Wii user base was roughly 3 million, vs the 12-13 million of the Wii. Because of that, I imagine that SMS might actually have had a higher attach rate in its first few months than the Wii has.