By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - ALL marioboys bought SMG and Wii? Or speculations made on SMG and SMS sales

if, according to the OP analogy, the game sells less and less the high the number of sequels.
then how do you argue that new IP don't sell well?

contradictions...

Around the Network

@CrazzyMan:

If it's just a speculation, why spend so much effort defending it?

@Everybody:

It's just a speculation.

the Wii is an epidemic.

I got SMG the day it came out, but I have yet to seriously play it. It was the last game I brought. But over the last few months I have spent more time talking about games than playing them.

This is all just speculation..

I think Crazyman had his woman jacked by a Nintendo fanboy.

ha ha ha

You know I <3 you crazy

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Okay... This thread has HUGE errors. I'll try to fix some.

SMG has worse legs than SMS in Japan? http://vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=Japan&game1=Super+Mario+Galaxy+-+Wii&reg2=Japan&game2=Super+Mario+Sunshine+-+GC&reg3=Japan&game3=&weeks=32

SMS had after 65 weeks in Japan, still sold less than SMG now has after 12!

If it keeps fading at the current rate, I expect it to reach SM64 average and keep on to it. http://vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=Japan&game1=Super+Mario+Galaxy+-+Wii&reg2=Japan&game2=Super+Mario+Sunshine+-+GC&reg3=Japan&game3=Super+Mario+64+-+N64&weeks=65

Mario is the kind of games that keeps selling. If there are bought 10k wiis, you can trust there is at least 0,5K SMGs sold.

This means that since the Wii will make 120M more sales (my prediction, you can change it if you want) there will come about 6M more sales, even after SMG really has stopped selling.

I predict that SMG might end up selling 15M.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network

@Oyvoyvoyv ---Im gonna have to one up you sir. I think SMG will sell closer to 20 Milly when its all said and done.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

@ CrazzyMan: This thread fails so hard on it´s own merits and you sir you fail even harder and faster on your own merits as a human

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

RolStoppable,

1) SMS sold so bad because reviews were worse than for SM64. SM64 sold well because it had good reviews, SMG has good reviews too, so it will sell at least as well as SM64. =)
Super Mario Galaxy
Number of P/Reviews: 191 Wii 97.2%

Super Mario 64
Number of P/Reviews: 22 Nintendo 64 95.9%

Super Mario Sunshine
Number of P/Reviews: 113 GameCube 91.6%

OMG, 4.3% MAKES SO MUCH EFFECT on SALES. =)))))))))))))))))))))
2) After SMS received bad reviews (compared to SM64), about half of the hardcore Mario fans lost faith in Mario and his future. Now that SMG received better reviews than SM64, these fans will come back to buy the new Mario game. =)
Damn, it`s still above 90%, but it`s not 95% - FUCK, MArio SUX! LOLZ. =)))))))))))))))
3) The Wii will sell at least another 15m units in Japan, 1/10 of that is 1.5m. 1.5m + 0.88m = 2.38m. =)
Yeah, 20 mln. like PS2, BECAUSE PS3 sux as MUCH as GC did? RIGHT? =))
Damn, you are FUNNY. =))

@Lingyis,
@CrazzyMan:

If it's just a speculation, why spend so much effort defending it?
i am NOT defending, i am POINTING NUMBERS. =]

@highwaystar101,
MG the day it came out, but I have yet to seriously play it. It was the last game I brought. But over the last few months I have spent more time talking about games than playing them.
Same here, the ONLY game i care in this generations is FFXIII, maybe FFXIIIv, +probably GoW3. That`s all, other games are looks just boring to me. Maybe GTA4 will be cool, but played GTA3 for 1h, was bored.

@Oyvoyvoyv,
SMG has worse legs than SMS in Japan?
LEGS have SAME ATTACH Rate.
SMS had after 65 weeks in Japan, still sold less than SMG now has after 12!
That is because 5 mln. peoble bought wii already(17% are marioboys), while GC had 4 mln. only with also 17% marioboys.
Mario is the kind of games that keeps selling. If there are bought 10k wiis, you can trust there is at least 0,5K SMGs sold.
That even worse then every 10th.
This means that since the Wii will make 120M more sales (my prediction, you can change it if you want) there will come about 6M more sales, even after SMG really has stopped selling.
That`s why GT4 sold 15 mln. and FFXII sold 15 mln. Because 120 mln. PS2 sold, yes? =))
I predict that SMG might end up selling 15M.
It`s very debatable, will it reach 9 mln. =))

@vaio, i don`t see NOTHING wrong about SPECULATIONS based on SALES numbers.
The NUMBERS are REAL.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

@RolStoppable,

1) Obviously a difference of 4.3 % in average score makes a big difference, sales declined by more than 50 %. SMG is rated 1.3 % higher than SM64. 1.3 % is about 1/3 of 4.3 %, 1/3 of 50 % sales difference is 17 %. So realistically we can expect SMG to sell 1/6 more than SM64 in Japan which is a total of 2.3m which comes very close to the 2.38m I predicted. =)
Obviously DIFFERENCE in SNES user base behind N64 and N64 userbase behind GC makes a big difference in sales.

SMS sold 170k in rest 90 weeks. Or just 4% of total GC userbase in Japan. Even with additional 15 mln. it`s only 600k.
2) I see you are running out of arguments on this point, so let's forget about 2). =)))
There is NOTHING to argument, 4% in Score is REALLY NOTHING.
3) You seem to forget that the PS3 is in a different market than the Wii. So just because the Wii will sell as much as the PS2, doesn't mean that the PS3 will have to end up with GC numbers. =)
So, just because PS3 will sell better then GC, it doesn`t mean, that Wii will sell as good as PS2. =]

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

1) You are still making the same mistake. You can't compare the sales trends of SMG to SMS, because SMS was clearly handicapped by a lower average review score. =)

2) 4 % in score is nothing in the sub 50 % regions, but when the scores you are comparing are both in the 90+ % range, then 4 % make a huge difference as the SM64 vs. SMS sales comparison clearly shows. =)

3) So, just because Wii sells as good as PS2, doesn't mean that the PS3 will sell as good as GC. =)

A review score over 90% is hardly a handicap. I would call that a very good score, actually. Reviews do not impact sales the way some people think. For example, smash brothers isn't over 90%, yet people love that game. Back in that those days, bashing Nintendo was the hip things to do; that's why a lot of the GameCube games are underscored. There's a simular thing happening to the PS3 right now. 

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!