By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most Epic game you've played?

S.T.A.G.E. said:
kain_kusanagi said:
1. Halo 4
2. Mass Effect 2
3. Halo 3
4. Mass Effect 3
5. Ico

Halo 4 is more epic than questing, stalking and killing titan-like creatures? Have mercy!

I'm not sure what you're talking about. If you are refering to Ico you may have mistaken it for Shadow of the Colossus. I prefer Ico to Shadow of the Colossus so that's why it's on my list. Shadow of the Colossus is epic, just not the kind of epic I want. With that said if you were refering to Shadow of the Colossu, than yes Halo 4 is more epic.

I think I will revise my list though. I didn't look back far enough when I hastily made my first list. I forgot one of my favorite epic games of all time. Also I just went through a very epic moment in the new Tomb Raider and although I'm only a little more than half way through the game I think it deserves  a spot.

1. Halo 4
2. Mass Effect 2
3. Tomb Raider
4. Panzer Dragoon Saga
5. Ico

Around the Network

When I think epic, I always think RTS's. So for me it would Sins of a Solar Empire, Supreme Commander, or Starcraft 2. Each epic in their own way.

God of War 3 hands down!

Honorable mentions include

Mass Effect 2 was nice, especially towards the end. Suicide mission was awesome!!!

MGS4 had its moments too.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

GOD.OF.WAR.3. By a mile.

I realized it even more clearly playing Ascension, which is a great epic game, but doesn't have a chance to get on GoW 3's level.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarin of Time - That battle with Ganon. Among countless other things.
2. Conker's Bad Fur Day - Entire story was beyond epic and pure win.
3. Halo: CE - That sense of being lost in space on a foreign planet-thingy with limited supplies and human interaction presented in such an excellent way. Also: That final run.
4. Pokémon Gold/Silver - That Red battle.
5. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Because Dragons and shit.
6. Super Mario Bros. - "Thank you, Mario! I now have a new quest for you! Press B to select a world."
7. Perfect Dark - For slowly turning Goldeneye into Alien.
8. Super Smash Bros. Melee - That battle versus Ganondorf, Mewtwo and Godzilla. Fucking. Epic.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
TheJimbo1234 said:
Planetside 2
No question about it. When you and 100 guys charge into another 100 guys will shells and rockets firing away, planes swooping down, and tanks flanking, nothing beats it........ever

how is that game btw? i just got a PC and im thinking about downloading the game

It is amazing, and the devs are the best I have ever seen. The balance is pretty solid, but the fps is not great atm, however that is being worked on and that is where the excel. The amount of new content they have added since launch and are planning on bringing out (and actually are developing) is incredible.

Final Fantasy X

I can't decide between Final Fantasy X + X-2, Final Fantasy XIII + XIII-2 or Kingdom Hearts I + II + BBS. But it is definitely from Square-Enix.

Kingdom Hearts 2

Epic Soundtrack
Epic Story
Epic Powers
Epic Weapons
Fun Gameplay

God Of War 3

well u kill all the gods and get all of their weapons if thats not epic then i dont know what is

Devil May Cry 3/4

Epic Weapons
Devil Trigger
Pandora

Final Fantasy Crisis Core

Epic boss battles.

pokoko said:
Funtime said:

World of Warcraft back in vanilla when raids were 40 players. There was nothing like downing Onyxia or a Molten Core boss for the first time.

Nothing I've been a part of in gaming felt half as epic as taking down Ragnaros for the first time.  I'll never forget that.  Back then, that was a real badge of honor.  Even the first time you encounter him is just overwhelming, especially when he smashes your guild in a couple of minutes.  You just had this feeling of, "okay, we're doomed, but that was awesome."

Now i feel silly for forgetting World of Warcraft.  Most of my experiences came very late in Vanilla, so the only one I can join in on is C'Thun.  Never really got to see Ragnaros when he was difficult.  Kind of jealous, really!

I have nice memories during TBC though.  I guess my most epic moment would be during Kael'Thas when he rises into the air, all the windows smash and he comes back down to the ground about 4 times the size he was before.  And then gravity disappears and suddenly you're fighting him while swimming in the air.  That really caught me off guard first time and I thought "Good God, this is awesome".