By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most Epic game you've played?

This gen it was Xenoblade and last gen it was Shadow of the Colossus.

Around the Network

Yakuza 2 or Grandia... both are truly the pinnacle of epic.

Despite finding it a lackstur game overall there is no question that God of War III had the most epic moments this generation. I really wish all hack and slash games had the production values of god of war.

The intro to BIoshock was also very epic considering it was the first true next gen game I played(Not counting guitar hero 2). I was blown away by how real the water looked.

Double Scarab fight in Halo 3 with 4 people coop is up there too. 

bananaking21 said:
UnitSmiley said:
bananaking21 said:
TheJimbo1234 said:
Planetside 2
No question about it. When you and 100 guys charge into another 100 guys will shells and rockets firing away, planes swooping down, and tanks flanking, nothing beats it........ever

how is that game btw? i just got a PC and im thinking about downloading the game

It looks beautiful. Night time battles with bullets, lasers, and missles zooming past your head while fighters and bombers are hovering above it. Great fun. last I played they had some population issue though, I don't know if they sorted it out or not, but it's definitely worth a try.

does it feel like its one of those "pay to win"  types of games?

When I played not at all. Infact with certain classes, the default gun is the best (forum concensus), you just have to upgrade it. Everything that you could possibly purchase can be unlocked in game through playing normally. All paying does is unlock it right away. Oh and some aesthetic only stuff requires you to pay (different helmets and stickers n all that). That's only equipment though, none of the class skills can be purchased, you have to unlock those normally.

I'd say Shadow of the Colossus. Though I have yet to play God of War 3 so I wonder which it'll be.

Around the Network
UnitSmiley said:
I'd say Shadow of the Colossus. Though I have yet to play God of War 3 so I wonder which it'll be.

drop what ever your doing, grab some money and go running to the nearest video game store and buy god of war 3

UnitSmiley said:
bananaking21 said:
UnitSmiley said:
bananaking21 said:
TheJimbo1234 said:
Planetside 2
No question about it. When you and 100 guys charge into another 100 guys will shells and rockets firing away, planes swooping down, and tanks flanking, nothing beats it........ever

how is that game btw? i just got a PC and im thinking about downloading the game

It looks beautiful. Night time battles with bullets, lasers, and missles zooming past your head while fighters and bombers are hovering above it. Great fun. last I played they had some population issue though, I don't know if they sorted it out or not, but it's definitely worth a try.

does it feel like its one of those "pay to win"  types of games?

When I played not at all. Infact with certain classes, the default gun is the best (forum concensus), you just have to upgrade it. Everything that you could possibly purchase can be unlocked in game through playing normally. All paying does is unlock it right away. Oh and some aesthetic only stuff requires you to pay (different helmets and stickers n all that). That's only equipment though, none of the class skills can be purchased, you have to unlock those normally.

thanks! ill have to give it a try then

bananaking21 said:
UnitSmiley said:

drop what ever your doing, grab some money and go running to the nearest video game store and buy god of war 3

Lol i've got it man. I JUST bought the GoW Saga last week and have been playing through them. I've finished Chains of Olympus, God of War 1, Ghost of Sparta, and I just started God of War II today. I'll get there eventually haha.

UnitSmiley said:
bananaking21 said:
UnitSmiley said:

Lol i've got it man. I JUST bought the GoW Saga last week and have been playing through them. I've finished Chains of Olympus, God of War 1, Ghost of Sparta, and I just started God of War II today. I'll get there eventually haha.

you shouldnt eat, sleep, drink, take a wiz or masturbate until your finished with them. 

Epic games based on

Scale- SOTC, Castelvania: Lords of Shadow, God of War 3
Story- Almost a tie between Uncharted and Mass Effect
Presentation- God of War 3, Uncharted