By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What do you think Tommorow Will Hold ------Jan. 28 2008

Of course i am sure mostly everyone has has heard about best buy  not offering the 80gb ps3 as of Jan 28 and lots of people think the 40 gb Playstation 3 will go down in price. What do you guys believe will happen tommorow

----Will the 40gb Playstation 3 go down to 299.99

----Will the 80gb be discontinued 

----Will they annouce a New 80gb bundle (perhaps with devil may cry 4 and the rumble controller)

----Will they annouce a New Bigger HDD Playstation

....or will nothing at all happen...Sure will be interesting to  see.

Owner Of: PS1 PS2 PS3 PSP NES GB GBA GC WII XBOX

Around the Network

I think Sony could gain a lot of momentum against Microsoft with a price drop here. Of course, there will be a few people who paid $600 for a PS3 less than a year ago and they may be upset that it's now available for $300, if there is a price drop, but that's how it goes when a product is priced more than the market can bear (see: the Apple $200 price drop with the iphone).

I'd love to see a price drop. Then when some sweet games come out for the system (hopefully this year), Sony can really cash-in in terms of sales.

i dont think any of that will happen tomorrow,but a price drop would help them but it wont happen

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

double photography :(

sony already came out and denied that there will be any price cuts in the near future so don't get your hopes up.

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/2472.html

Around the Network

@kitler53

just like they did...what 2 days before announcing the $399 40GB

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I don't think anything interesting will happen, since the rumours' sources are anything but credible. Maybe the 80 GB model will be discontinued or bundled (since it disappeared from Best Buy's page), but that's it.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

@kitler53
The same as Sony said that rumble was last-gen and that there was not going to be a Dualshock 3... hmmm

Sicilian. said:

Of course i am sure mostly everyone has has heard about best buy not offering the 80gb ps3 as of Jan 28 and lots of people think the 40 gb Playstation 3 will go down in price. What do you guys believe will happen tommorow

----Will the 40gb Playstation 3 go down to 299.99

----Will the 80gb be discontinued

----Will they annouce a New 80gb bundle (perhaps with devil may cry 4 and the rumble controller)

----Will they annouce a New Bigger HDD Playstation

....or will nothing at all happen...Sure will be interesting to see.

Leipzig... I hope. With full BC!

darthdevidem01 said:
@kitler53

just like they did...what 2 days before announcing the $399 40GB

Or the 60gb price cut before it. Never trust a company when they deny a price cut. Whether it were true or not they will deny it until they are prepared to anniunce it.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229