By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales: Famitsu & Media create - Week 10 ( Mar 4 - Mar 10 )

NoCtiS_NoX said:
Michael-5 said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:

40 000
60 000
80 000

Nintendo 3DS 60 800 units
  PlayStation Portable 17 954 units
  PlayStation Vita 61 152 units
  Wii 1742 units
  Wii U 9089 units
  PlayStation 3 19 155 units
  Xbox 360 495 units

I've got different numbers for hardware, but yea Vita topped 3DS

Media Creat Sales

PSV - 63,581
3DS - 61,008 (2/3rds are XL sales)
PS3 - 19,567
PSP - 18,023
WiiU - 9,454
Wii - 1,363
360 - 738

Wait WTF? Was DS discontinued in Japan?

It was discontinued before PS2! LOL wow.

The one you quoted is Famitsu numbers and I already have the MC numbers on my 2nd post.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5207342

Now I get it. Why doesn't Famitsu give numbers for Soul Sacrifice Double Pack? If Media Create says the Double Pack sold about 20k, then on Famitsu's chart the single game release should be more then just 12k higher (Double 20k is 40k).

Does VGC record double pack sales? After all it's the same game, just two copies.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

I wonder if Animal Crossing can pass Wild World. In just ten weeks the game can do 600-800k.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

AlphaCielago said:
I wonder if Animal Crossing can pass Wild World. In just ten weeks the game can do 600-800k.

it probably can, VGChartz has both games even at the same time, difference though is AC WW has other regions and New Leaf doesn't! Also Including Digital sales, the game supposedly already passed 3.5mil

I was so focused on Vita I didn't see PS3 at nearly 20k also, same with PSP (still wish some of those would save for Vita). Great week for Sony across the board.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

NICE VITA numbers! so this is what a good game can do to a system... s few more weeks on the same level will be good.

Switch!!!

Around the Network

great for Vita!!

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

The Vita comes back to life for the second week running :)

I doubt it can hold off the 3DS next week, but it's beaten it once now for the history book :)

Pretty good opening for SS too.

I'm never read nonsense of the level in this thread in my life. According to most, the only reason the Vita was successful this week was because it was cheaper and had great games ...

What other reasons are there? Isn't it because the 3DS has great games and is cheaper that it's outsold the Vita for so long?! Some of you lot are complete nutters lol.

The PS5 Exists. 

Well I said last week that 60K for Vita for the week after a price cut wasn't really good news unless it backed up with decent sales (>20K) for several weeks after the price cut. I certainly didn't expect to see a basically 0% drop. That's impressive. Impressive also is PSP moving 17/18K units as well.

Still too early to say saved, but it's sure looking like PSV has life in Japan. I expect a Western price cut in Q4 to try to grab holiday sales.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

lol how much time I don't see a Japan/MC thread with over 12 pages / 300 comments.

People really loves comebacks (even if for one or two weeks).