By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull > The Temple of Doom

I agree with your order except that Crystal Skull isn't significantly better than Temple of Doom

Raiders of the Lost Ark > The Last Crusade >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Crystal Skull>The Temple of Doom

Around the Network

Indiana john the 3 movie, the general rule was mythic religious power.

the rule was simple, ark of truth( the ten command), the grall(jesus cup), temple of doom, the stone of god.

The spin off of the fourth instalment was Science Fiction its wayyyyyy off the general concept of indy. science fiction with psychic ability. Come on ....

It was not a indiana jone movie. the fourth didn't existe

I'm sorry? What's "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull?" You speak as though it's a new Indiana Jones movie, but everyone knows that Indiana Jones was a trilogy that ended more than twenty years ago with The Last Crusade. After that, George Lucas and co. wisely left the series to rest in peace.

curl-6 said:
Mensrea said:
curl-6 said:
Mensrea said:
No, Temple of Doom is a better movie. Willie was terrible, but it was overall a great film.

The opening scene is one of my favorite in all movies.

I didn't get much out of the ending, all I saw in it was Indy getting embarrassingly owned by a fat Chinese gangster with Willie annd Short Round's irritating antics thrown in to sour the deal further.

I didn't think he was owned persay. I just found the whole scene to be entertaining. Also, once you let Willie and Short round fade to the back of your mind, the movie becomes much better.

Ah, that's my problem then; they never fade into the back of my mind, they lodge in my frontal lobe and torment me throughout the film. try as I might to ignore them, they're just too annoying.

I agree they do ruin what I believe could have been the best Indy film, but I can look over them to see the core of the movie that I really like.

I can see how not everyone could do this though, they are quite obstreperous. 

I wouldn't trust the opinion of a guy who calls the main character "Indian" Jones.

:P

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network

I couldn't find the article, but after the crystal skull released, headline was "Shia LeBouf signs on to ruin another one of your childhood memories." Lol, oh onion.

Kingdom was such shit... It was a "fun" movie to watch due to the production budget and star power behind the film, but the movie just wasn't that great. Way to fantasy land and Harrison Ford looked a thousand years old, it doesn't work.

They waited too damn long to make this film.

Thank you guys for commenting, especially those that decided to take a jab at me for my opinion. :P

I'll give you my two cents.

I like some scenes from the Temple of Doom, the adventure scenes. But I didin't like any part of the dialogue, to me it wasn't memorable at all, and not funny.

I felt Willie was trying too hard to be funny, sometimes even felt too cartoonish like when she falls from the table after the exquisit plates that were being served.

Short Round wasn't remotely funny for me. His relationship with Indiana Jones was... kinda... weird for me. It felt there was something extrange behind that relationship. I know Short Round was a kid and kids can express their love freely, but there was something in the way he said "I love you Indy" which felt kinda wrong. It felt to me that after Raiders, there was an untold story from Indiana Jones in which he goes in an adventure with the Super Adventure Club:

Also, my overall feeling of this movie was one where the characters got into random situations for the sake of getting into random situations, while in constrast, in the rest of the films, I feel like the characters get involved in these situations when trying to go forward in order to discover and/or advance in the story.

I didn't like the possession scene with Indiana. I first thought he was faking it. Then I was like, hmm, so he indeed was possessed. Something there didn't click for me.

As you can see in this post, I am just expressing my opinion here. I know that regardless what I think of this movie, it is well received by critics and the majority of people in here, and I know this film may have a huge importance in the adventure genre of films. I just didn't like it.

Also, I am happy to see I am not the only one that prefers Crystal to Temple. XD Thank you guys for commenting.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Raiders Of The Lost Ark > Temple Of Doom > Crystal Skull > The Last Crusade

The Last Crusade is horribly overrated. It plays out like a third rate RotLA. Nothing in that movie stands out as being memorable except the ending and Sean Connery.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

While you might enjoy Crystal Skull more, in no way is it a better film than Temple. I'd go as far as to say temple of doom is one of the most under rated films of all time. It gets far too much flak for being too dark, and not following the same formula as raiders, and Crusade.

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.