By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Controversial God of War: Ascension trophy altered in upcoming patch

Tagged games:

NiKKoM said:
Why are people acting like calling women Ho's is perfectly normal?

Because it's a demon in a video game!

Around the Network

I like what this girl said to Sessler

Fucking stupid bull shit in my opinion. This was blown out of porportion and was a non issue. The political correctness in everything is absolutely sickening. We have to walk on egg shells not to offend anyone nowadays. We can't use retarded or gay to describe something even when using it in the right context because people assume its being used in the wrong context. This is like the outrage against SNL for the Djesus unchained parody (the funny thing is the ones complaining were missing the joke. It wasn't make fun of christianity. It was making fun of the movie premises). People need to learn how to take a joke and not get offended.

Anyway to the trophy, the funniest thing I find today is when someone hears something and gets so offended by it even when that thing doesn't even pertain to them. Ex: A white guy calls a black guy a nigger. Another white person in the area hears it and starts saying how offended they are and how disgusting this is. Then the black guy says "it's cool... i'm not offended." (seen it happen in a couple different scenarios) In other words the one who doesn't have any reason to be offended gets offended... and this is exactly what happened in this case.

As this community knows my wife hates GoW series. She stole and hid my game because of the sex scenes... I told her about this trophy and she found it humerous. She said the game degrades women and objectifies them because of the sex scene... but in this case she didn't find anything wrong with it

Edit: Juse to give another example of a time when someone gets offended for no reason. While I worked at Little Caesar's the place we preped the pizzas and kept the toppings in was called the retarder. Retard litterally means slow. This machine literally slows the the "aging" of food to keep it fresh longer. A customer heard me say you have to clean the retarder or keep the retarder clean (something to that effect) and the customer goes of about how bad that is and how awful it is using that word. I had to explain how it was the official name for the machinary and the word is not offensive unless using it offensively (which is really hard to do). The customer went as far as saying we should rename it to something else

@AdamSessler allow the people who should be offend to be the ones who get offended My wife dislikes GoW series but found the trophy humerous

Metrium said:

This case is the perfect example of gamer hypocrisy. Gamers keep saying how much gaming did/should/will evolve as a medium. Using the example of how storytelling in games has matured, with sony fans using games like Heavy Rain as an example. They also claim that gaming has become art.

But then, when cases like this happen, gamers are complaining because ''it is no big deal''. Not only do they think it's no big deal, but they basically call out and insult ppl who think cases like this is wrong. I have'nt experienced the trophy myself, but from what I heard, it's kratos violently smashing a women's face over and over again, followed by the 'bros before hoes'' trophy. Now let's imagine a movie with a scene with a muscular guy beating up a women and then the scene would be followed by a lame ''bros before hoes'' joke. Ppl would'nt be afraid to call this a perfect example of terrible taste. But say a similar part of a game is bad taste and ppl call you a ignorant sissy fanboy with sand in your vagina,

Make up your mind, either gaming has become a mature medium and form of art, and if that is the case that trophy at the very least a immature letdown, or either gaming is still a immature form of entertainment where every childish, sexist and provocative* ''jokes'' goes.

*by provocative, I mean cases that are provocative only to be provocative and not to make ppl think.

Edit: I would love to point out that gamer's reaction to this (as perfectly exampled with alot of comments in this thread) is just as immature if not more as the trophy itself. Just because someone is calling out what he think is a issue in a game or gaming in general does'nt make him a ''oversensitive bitch'', but calling someone this for these reasons diffenetly makes you one.

You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. Not all movies are considered art and not all art is considered tasteful.... unless you think shit in a bucket is tasteful? because that was literally a display at an art gallery. Some people paint with shit and display it at galleries.

Anyway to answer your question about the movie. It would probably be used as a poster child of "the seriousness of domestic violence" and "this movie captures the emotions of women going through this across the country." Sure it would probably also receive criticism but fact remains most critics would probably turn it into some pretentious bull shit blah blah blah blah

Around the Network

JGarret said:

I like what this girl said to Sessler

LMAO, I saw that last night. I think he got some backlash from quite a few female gamers, which is why I think he decided to ignore this mess from now on.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Trunkin said:
adriane23 said:
halil23 said:
adriane23 said:
I'll play through the single player offline and take a picture of the original trophy name for posterity.

Side Note: Does anybody know Sessler's Twitter so I can call him a bitch?

https://twitter.com/AdamSessler

I don't have a twitter so he's fucking lucky to not cop a nightmare from me!

Thank you sir.

(Hopes snag-it copy actually works on this site)

I don't believe it! You actually sent it!

Of course. There are no mods on Twitter or outside of the internet. I've said worse things to people during rush hour.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Who'd have thought people that wanted to play God of War could be such pussies.

You can't speak ill of anyone nowadays except for white males.

Jozu said:
Who'd have thought people that wanted to play God of War could be such pussies.

You can't speak ill of anyone nowadays except for white males.

You can't even do that. I have a polish friend that calls himself a pollack and a polish bartender heard him once and got so offended and told him he shouldnt say thing like that