By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Controversial God of War: Ascension trophy altered in upcoming patch

Tagged games:

BasilZero said:

So killing a "Female" monster is the reason why they take down the trophy...my god I wonder what they'll try to do when they come to the realization that all of the enemies want to kill Kratos.

Are they gonna block the game completely if that happens l0l

Seriously some people...

That Adam Sessler's a real woman, eh?

Eh?

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Trunkin said:
BasilZero said:

So killing a "Female" monster is the reason why they take down the trophy...my god I wonder what they'll try to do when they come to the realization that all of the enemies want to kill Kratos.

Are they gonna block the game completely if that happens l0l

Seriously some people...

That Adam Sessler's a real woman, eh?

Eh?

That too I guess but not in a good way *<(=^_^=)>*

lol. Well, despite is little overreaction, I still like him.

halil23 said:
adriane23 said:
I'll play through the single player offline and take a picture of the original trophy name for posterity.

Side Note: Does anybody know Sessler's Twitter so I can call him a bitch?

https://twitter.com/AdamSessler

I don't have a twitter so he's fucking lucky to not cop a nightmare from me!

Thank you sir.

(Hopes snag-it copy actually works on this site)

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Bros before foes doesn't make any sense in context of the game

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

adriane23 said:
halil23 said:
adriane23 said:
I'll play through the single player offline and take a picture of the original trophy name for posterity.

Thank you sir.

I don't believe it! You actually sent it!

Around the Network
adriane23 said:
halil23 said:
adriane23 said:

Thank you sir.

Holy shit that was harsh lol. I'll be waiting for the video sessler does about how fans outrage and he shows your tweet xD

I'm sure there would be no problem at all if some chick was killing a dude and the trophy had some stupid name like that (most trophies have stupid names anyway).

Being overprotective with women is also sexism.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

This case is the perfect example of gamer hypocrisy. Gamers keep saying how much gaming did/should/will evolve as a medium. Using the example of how storytelling in games has matured, with sony fans using games like Heavy Rain as an example. They also claim that gaming has become art.

But then, when cases like this happen, gamers are complaining because ''it is no big deal''. Not only do they think it's no big deal, but they basically call out and insult ppl who think cases like this is wrong. I have'nt experienced the trophy myself, but from what I heard, it's kratos violently smashing a women's face over and over again, followed by the 'bros before hoes'' trophy. Now let's imagine a movie with a scene with a muscular guy beating up a women and then the scene would be followed by a lame ''bros before hoes'' joke. Ppl would'nt be afraid to call this a perfect example of terrible taste. But say a similar part of a game is bad taste and ppl call you a ignorant sissy fanboy with sand in your vagina,

Make up your mind, either gaming has become a mature medium and form of art, and if that is the case that trophy at the very least a immature letdown, or either gaming is still a immature form of entertainment where every childish, sexist and provocative* ''jokes'' goes.

*by provocative, I mean cases that are provocative only to be provocative and not to make ppl think.

Edit: I would love to point out that gamer's reaction to this (as perfectly exampled with alot of comments in this thread) is just as immature if not more as the trophy itself. Just because someone is calling out what he think is a issue in a game or gaming in general does'nt make him a ''oversensitive bitch'', but calling someone this for these reasons diffenetly makes you one.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Metrium said:

This case is the perfect example of gamer hypocrisy. Gamers keep saying how much gaming did/should/will evolve as a medium. Using the example of how storytelling in games has matured, with sony fans using games like Heavy Rain as an example. They also claim that gaming has become art.

But then, when cases like this happen, gamers are complaining because ''it is no big deal''. Not only do they think it's no big deal, but they basically call out and insult ppl who think cases like this is wrong. I have'nt experienced the trophy myself, but from what I heard, it's kratos violently smashing a women's face over and over again, followed by the 'bros before hoes'' trophy. Now let's imagine a movie with a scene with a muscular guy beating up a women and then the scene would be followed by a lame ''bros before hoes'' joke. Ppl would'nt be afraid to call this a perfect example of terrible taste. But say a similar part of a game is bad taste and ppl call you a ignorant sissy fanboy with sand in your vagina,

Make up your mind, either gaming has become a mature medium and form of art, and if that is the case that trophy at the very least a immature letdown, or either gaming is still a immature form of entertainment where every childish, sexist and provocative* ''jokes'' goes.

*by provocative, I mean cases that are provocative only to be provocative and not to make ppl think.

Edit: I would love to point out that gamer's reaction to this (as perfectly exampled with alot of comments in this thread) is just as immature if not more as the trophy itself. Just because someone is calling out what he think is a issue in a game or gaming in general does'nt make him a ''oversensitive bitch'', but calling someone this for these reasons diffenetly makes you one.

I'm sorry, does God of War seem similar to Heavy Rain to you? What about Ico or Journey? It certainly shouldn't. You are arguing a case that isn't present.

From what I've heard, the trophy doesn't come after smashing a females face in, but rather when a male releases you from some sort of prison instead of obeying the female and keeping you locked up. THEN the trophy pops up. Again, havn't played it yet but that's what i've been hearing. A female dev is the one who thought up the name and females here even said they see no problems with it. If Sessler would have just said "Kind of  a lame joke/name for a trophy" It wouldn't have been a big deal. But he went way overboard with such a small thing.

Why are people acting like calling women Ho's is perfectly normal?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)