By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Controversial God of War: Ascension trophy altered in upcoming patch

Tagged games:

badgenome said:
nnodley said:
This is just fucking ridiculous. Didn't someone say that it was a girl from Sony Santa Monica who made the name for the trophy.?

They let a girl name their trophies? Well, now I'm offended!

says the princess lol

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network
Deyon said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
i will not update.

Then you won't be able to play online

lol it's sad they had to change the name becuase people cry like bitches.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I agree with the decision on their part, and it is nice to see that they have learned from the previous offal fiasco that sullied the launch of a previous game in this series. The term is incredibly charged, incredibly offensive, and likely to have gotten Sony curb stomped in the mainstream media, and would have probably not just hurt the sales of the game itself, but the company as a whole.

In the United States recently we had a number of politicians, and political commentators that talked down toward women, and that brought with it not just failed office bids, but a certain radio personality almost lost his job, because a national boycott was launched against his advertisers. Sony most assuredly would have taken a beating if anyone in the mainstream press had caught wind of that trophy.

Stop picking on Sessler, because whether you want to admit it to yourselves or not. His pointing it out probably saved the parent company a lot of grief, and probably saved some jobs at the studio that made the game. God of War has already been blasted once for being politically incorrect. Another public lambasting might have got the series cancelled altogether.

The media would have had a fucking field day with this. Changing this one word is probably going to save Sony not just a bunch of grief, but millions of dollars.

Dodece said:
I agree with the decision on their part, and it is nice to see that they have learned from the previous offal fiasco that sullied the launch of a previous game in this series. The term is incredibly charged, incredibly offensive, and likely to have gotten Sony curb stomped in the mainstream media, and would have probably not just hurt the sales of the game itself, but the company as a whole.

In the United States recently we had a number of politicians, and political commentators that talked down toward women, and that brought with it not just failed office bids, but a certain radio personality almost lost his job, because a national boycott was launched against his advertisers. Sony most assuredly would have taken a beating if anyone in the mainstream press had caught wind of that trophy.

Stop picking on Sessler, because whether you want to admit it to yourselves or not. His pointing it out probably saved the parent company a lot of grief, and probably saved some jobs at the studio that made the game. God of War has already been blasted once for being politically incorrect. Another public lambasting might have got the series cancelled altogether.

The media would have had a fucking field day with this. Changing this one word is probably going to save Sony not just a bunch of grief, but millions of dollars.

The media has a field day,with any m-rated game. I think your been overly dramatic. Sessler is a moron plain and simple. What average female,would want to play the game anyways? All of the other m-rated content is fine,but the hoes word is somehow more offensive??? give me a break. bros before hoes!!!!!!!!!!

Around the Network

Good for Sony.

Dodece said:

Just like the sex scenes in Mass Effect ruined that franchise right? EA must have lost millions on it. I think you are really overreacting here, there wasn't some huge public outcry. It was just a few people whining about it. Even if this did become an issue there would be no way Sony would cancel the series. It's one of their biggest franchises. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

I don't really understand why it was so offending to people and taken as misogynistic, so in that respect I agree with most people here.

Now, with that said, I'm glad it was changed because the expression itself is fucking retarded. Frat boy "humor" makes me want to puke more than a toga party.

I liked that name lol.

I'll play through the single player offline and take a picture of the original trophy name for posterity.

Side Note: Does anybody know Sessler's Twitter so I can call him a bitch?

I am the Playstation Avenger.