By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I Have an Excellent Idea For a Story in a Mario Game

Due to Nintendo's incompetence when it comes to creating stories for Mario games, and thus, failing to catter to the mature gamers, I decided to create my own little tale.

One day, Mario decides to take a vacation and travels to a mysterious set of isles. Upon arrival, their plane crashes, almost killing all the passengers. There is a mysterious orange figure that is causing mayhem and has trapped innocent villagers. Mario saves the day with the help of a very advanced robot, but the authorities take him for questioning as soon as he is done.

It is revelaed that the islands have been infected with a horrible plague, the Capital is in ruins and it's inhabitants trapped in pain and sorrow. Mario is the prime suspect, so he is forced to clean the whole mess. It is later revealed that there is a impostor framing Mario for his actions, and after some meddling, Mario discovers it's the son of his arch-nemesis, seeking for revenge. The Princess is kidnapped and Mario has to save her.

In the end of the game, there is a massive flooding on the islands klling most of the villagers, and Mario is able to confront his arch-nemesis, who is huge and dangerous.

In the ending, the robot, who is now a faithful companion almost dies, but is saved on the last minute in a dramatic turn of events.

As you can all see, this sounds very good in paper and will be fully voice acted. What could possibly go wrong?

Around the Network

I think it would have the potential to be my least favorite 3D Mario game ever!

Signature goes here!

Sounds like an underrated gem in the making.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lffQSFj9t-w

Indeed. What could go wrong?

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

I don't know when this happened, but Nintendo already has the game running it seems.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Hm. Not bad. It would be nice to have a mental aspect to a Mario game for a change. A reason to go on to the next level beyond the promise of "more things to jump over." I approve. Make it so.

On a serious note, how many modern platformers actually do bother with an engaging story? Bring back Alundra, damn it.

It would be too mature for them. They won't understand how deep is that story.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I've never heard or seen such a horrendous idea. Mario doesn't need a story.

I can't believe this madness, Moreno. Can. Not. Believe. It.

The number of people not realizing this is basically Super Mario Sunshine disturbs me.

Either that or sarcasm~