By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Get Xbox Live Gold $34.99 12 months now

Screamapillar said:
amp316 said:
toadslayer72 said:
kowenicki said:
amp316 said:
If you guys aren't interested in the service then don't comment in the thread since the OP asks for this.

Still, there's no need to get so upset at others for their opinions, Jay.

I like Jay and you guys do deserve a thread where you can discuss the price of Live without being trolled.  The minor issue I had to be honest was in the OP.  When you tell someone not to do something, people are going to come in and do it.  It's like when your dad would tell you not to touch his tools when he left the house when you were a little boy.  You know that the first thing that you did was start juggling wrenches and screwdrivers the second he left.  Sorry if I wasn't more clear. 

It just seems like the whole thread is a giant bait hook though, you know?  I thought the whole point of forums was to speak your mind about the topic at hand.  Is it off topic to speak about XBL if the topic is in fact XBL, even if some of the responses are negative instead of positive?  I mean why even make a thread like this to begin with.  It's like a sales pitch for Microsoft, on Jay's behalf, and he doesn't even work for them... to add insult to injury, only positive comments or questions about the deal will be tolerated? 

Why does people keep coming in here saying that I'm trying to sell a product.  I'm trying to help people out on a good price.  Kind of like when PS3 has a sell people post about that.  

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
Screamapillar said:
amp316 said:
toadslayer72 said:
kowenicki said:
amp316 said:
If you guys aren't interested in the service then don't comment in the thread since the OP asks for this.

I like Jay and you guys do deserve a thread where you can discuss the price of Live without being trolled.  The minor issue I had to be honest was in the OP.  When you tell someone not to do something, people are going to come in and do it.  It's like when your dad would tell you not to touch his tools when he left the house when you were a little boy.  You know that the first thing that you did was start juggling wrenches and screwdrivers the second he left.  Sorry if I wasn't more clear. 

It just seems like the whole thread is a giant bait hook though, you know?  I thought the whole point of forums was to speak your mind about the topic at hand.  Is it off topic to speak about XBL if the topic is in fact XBL, even if some of the responses are negative instead of positive?  I mean why even make a thread like this to begin with.  It's like a sales pitch for Microsoft, on Jay's behalf, and he doesn't even work for them... to add insult to injury, only positive comments or questions about the deal will be tolerated? 

Why does people keep coming in here saying that I'm trying to sell a product.  I'm trying to help people out on a good price.  Kind of like when PS3 has a sell people post about that.  

The difference is that in this forum you can't say anything positive about XBL Gold without a shit storm of hater flames. If you spread the news about a great deal on PSN you get thanked. Do the same for XBL and you have to justify MS charging for Gold and get shouted down if you say anything even remotely positive about it.

kain_kusanagi said:
JayWood2010 said:
Screamapillar said:
amp316 said:
toadslayer72 said:
kowenicki said:
amp316 said:

The difference is that in this forum you can't say anything positive about XBL Gold without a shit storm of hater flames. If you spread the news about a great deal on PSN you get thanked. Do the same for XBL and you have to justify MS charging for Gold and get shouted down if you say anything even remotely positive about it.

I don't know this is just crazy.  There is 3 response threads to this one now.  I get so tired of this site sometimes and people being childish.

If XBox live is worth it.... http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=156800

The Bans in JayWood2010's thread are plaudible http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=156796

PSN Service is $0 price point http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=156797

Adinnieken said:
toadslayer72 said:
That's a good price. Would hop on a few myself if not for the fam plan I'm on.

FYI - The Family Plan has been discontinued and Microsoft has not offered a replacement.  Don't know when your subs run out but you may want to consider buying some Gold cards just in case.

are you sure about that?

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/billing-and-subscriptions/account-management/how-to-join-family-pack

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/billing-and-subscriptions/parental-controls/managing-family-members

I dont think it was discontinued. probably just not as advertised as before

You told people they can't talk about anything in your thread and now you're calling people childish for taking their comments into a new thread like you yourself suggested they do?

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
You told people they can't talk about anything in your thread and now you're calling people childish for taking their comments into a new thread like you yourself suggested they do?

I feel this thread and the forums both a like are out of hand at the moment.  This thread shouldnt have made anybody mad and look at all the threads being made because of a simple discount.  Look at the comments in each of those threads.  I tried containing an argument by doing what i did.  The moderators contained it and then there is still an argument because a few fans couldnt help themselves(Not you)  from trolling XBL anyways by making other threads. This is why forums bother me.

Every time XBL gets mentioned there shouldnt be 5 fans waiting to attack.  It is peoples choice to pay and there is no reason to argue about it.

JayWood2010 said:
theprof00 said:

I feel this thread and the forums both a like are out of hand at the moment.  This thread shouldnt have made anybody mad and look at all the threads being made because of a simple discount.  Look at the comments in each of those threads.  I tried containing an argument by doing what i did.  The moderators contained it and then there is still an argument because a few fans couldnt help themselves(Not you)  from trolling XBL anyways. This is why forums bother me.

No, you are right. Trolling shouldn't have occurred.

On topic, for those how subscribe to xbl, this is a great deal, though I've heard a lot of members here have special ways of getting live for like 10$ a year or so. So, there are cheaper ways, but this is a pretty easy, no muss no fuss sales.

Also, some people said it's 30% off, but isn't xbl 60$?

axumblade said:
Guys...I'm going to say it here, you guys need to chill out. Jay, I realize you're upset by the way this thread turned out. I kept the "PSN service" thread open because despite it being a parody, it gives the PS3 owners an outlet instead of them flooding in here and getting banned. I locked the one that was intentionally flaming you. And as for theprof, his thread was in retaliation more to the mod reaction to this thread than a personal attack on you.

Prof, the mods are not perfect. We'll try to keep a better idea on what is being presented in the forums but keep in mind, being a moderator isn't an actual job. We are here on our own leisure, so we're not on here 24/7. This is why we want our users to report posts that are flaming and trolling. This thread was very thoroughly moderated not just because amp and I were warning users about their attitude or Jay's disclaimer at the top of the thread but we literally had about 20 reports coming from this specific thread (most of which were not even related to Jay).

@last sentence, Other users I would say got the idea from Jay and would not tolerate the trolling. Prof is suggesting that he will report any similar comments to the ones that got banned.

You seem to make it sound like that the more reports you get the more likely they will be banned meh :(.

I honestly don't understand what part is so hard to comprehend. This thread is about someone directing people to a good deal he found for Xbox Live Gold. He has clearly stated that this thread is exclusively about the deal in question and not about whether Xbox Live is worth it or not. It's not that the worth of Live is a taboo topic but rather it is a topic for a DIFFERENT thread. Many such threads exist around the forum already. So if you want to talk about that then go do that in those threads.

I myself have in several cases argued against XBL in other threads and how I intend to leave it after this gen, but I am not coming here to discuss that because it would be strictly going against what the OP intended and derailing the discussion in a different direction. So rather because I thought the deal was good and I want 12 more months before next gen comes out, I talked about that for a bit. If I didn't find the deal good or didn't care I wouldn't have posted.

It's as simple as that. It's not about your opinion getting silenced, but it's just that this is not the place to voice that opinion, as there already exists other places to voice them. You wouldn't post a Nintendo topic in the Sony forum now would you?

Let's get back on topic people. New threads for new thoughts.