By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I just got Dishonored....

Chandler said:

...and this game is awful! How did this game get so many high scores?

Let me say that I absolutely love stealth games. I love the Thief series, MGS, Splinter Cell, Batman, Commandos, Deus Ex, Stealth Bastard, Mark of the Ninja and so on. If it has stealth elements I have probably played it. But this game right here is an absolute turd. The stealth mechanic is absolutley awful and random, I get spotted at the weirdest occasions, like strangling a man under a bridge alerts people on top of that bridge even though they are like 30m away. People spot me when I'm 10m behind them and on other occassions I stand right in front of them and they don't see me. What the fuck is going on here?

Reminds me of the shitty stealth in Assassin's Creed games.

Around the Network
Hynad said:
Chandler said:
Hynad said:

Wouldn't have happened if you hadn't been so defensive about Badgenome's comment. 

After all this time on the forums, one would think you'd have gotten to know him a little better than that...

But aggressive is how your roll around here.

So you are bg's bodyguard or something? Good to know. And as far as being aggressive goes, you were attacking me, I am just defending myself. Or am I not allowed to do that? Did I shit in your thread or did you shit in mine?

Oh you're allowed to do that. But being the instigator makes what you're saying rather hypocritical.

How exactly did I instigate you to enter this thread and go all bitchy?

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

I don't understand how some people can ask why a game even would be considered a GOTY contender. It's all opinions people. Those people who put it in GOTY categories actually liked it and thought it deserved it. Who cares really. You don't like it that's cool, but just because you don't doesn't mean others didn't.

Thread needs to be closed now because it's just gonna be constant fighting.

Scoobes said:
I thought the game was fantastic. Does it actually count as a pure stealth game though? I thought the abilities made the game more than a pure stealth game. The sheer variety of ways to get past/kill people using the numerous abilities meant you had a whole host of ways to play through each level.

Yeah. Clearly the game was built with stealth foremost in mind, but it was cool how you could spec towards a more melee centric or run and gun style if you liked. It was a really amazing first game, easily right up there with Singularity as one of the best games that made me say, "Hey, is this Bioshock?" I can't wait to see how they improve and refine it for the sequel.

nnodley said:

I don't understand how some people can ask why a game even would be considered a GOTY contender. It's all opinions people. Those people who put it in GOTY categories actually liked it and thought it deserved it. Who cares really. You don't like it that's cool, but just because you don't doesn't mean others didn't.

It's an opinion thread just like "Tomb Raider QTE- what am I doing wrong" and all the other threads. If people don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. What I'm not fine with is the attitude from the very first reply on until now. Instead of engaging in a conversation and offering counter points to my opinion I'm getting attacked on a personal level and the fact that mods are staying idle on this tells me a lot about the general direction this forum is heading to.

There are of course quality posts in here too and I appreciate the insight from other people, I just felt like the game is very underwhelming compared to the hype it was getting.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Around the Network
Chandler said:
nnodley said:

It's an opinion thread just like "Tomb Raider QTE- what am I doing wrong" and all the other threads. If people don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. What I'm not fine with is the attitude from the very first reply on until now. Instead of engaging in a conversation and offering counter points to my opinion I'm getting attacked on a personal level and the fact that mods are staying idle on this tells me a lot about the general direction this forum is heading to.

There are of course quality posts in here too and I appreciate the insight from other people, I just felt like the game is very underwhelming compared to the hype it was getting.

There is not much else I can say.  I liked it, it wasn't the best game, but it was good enough for their first attempt.  Yes it is your opinion, but when you ask why it got high scores and how it could even be considered for GOTY when there is only one answer.  It's opinions.  I don't care that you don't like the game, but it's just those questions I don't like.

Chandler said:
jamesmarkus87 said:
Dishonored is so overrated. It baffles me why it was nominated for so many Game of the Year awards. The story is lame, the level design is bland, the graphics look terrible, the stealth mechanics are nothing special, and there's nowhere near enough content to make it worth paying $60 for.

I got it for 15€ and I still feel ripped off....

lol, I personnaly can't stand stealth games. I think they insult your intelligence because every single enemy has their back turned waiting for you to stab them in the neck. I'm not bashing those types of games, just saying they're just not my cup of tea.

Anyways, I was interested in Dishonered until I saw a video review and learned that it was mostly about stealth gameplay - so it was a rap after that. Sorry you feel like you wasted your money though.

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.

Well its not my problem you don't enjoy it.