By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tomb Raider QTE's-- what am I doing wrong?

twesterm said:

Has there been an update to the game?  My internet was down last night so maybe I was playing an old version?

I just know the two little circles would appear, the outer one would shrink, and there were no symbols at all.  A Y would then appear (and my Y button does work) for a brief time, and then the red X would appear telling me I failed.

Ya there was an update on day one.  But, I think what your saying does happen to me and I think it's normal. 

It should start as this:

Then the outer circle should shrink and hit the second circle, which should then show you what button to press and will glow green also..  And then you have until the outer circle gets to the smallest circle and if you don't press he button before it gets to the small circle it will show a red x that you failed.

Around the Network

yeah it's annoying at first because you need lightning reflexes to see what button it is and then press it.

On the other hand, it's Y (or triangle) all the time, so that makes it bearable.

Love the game, so far. I was kinda shocked, though. The game glitched out on the first real time cutscene with Lara in the water. I didn't even get to control her! Had to restart the whole game. Been smooth sailing since then, though.