By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3's Last 8 core 1st party retail games Average 79 Metacritic - We need to talk

Why is it the last 8 rather than a round number like the last 10, is it per chance because that would of meant including uncharted 3 thus vastly boosting the final average?

Around the Network
Xenostar said:
Why is it the last 8 rather than a round number like the last 10, is it per chance because that would of meant including uncharted 3 thus vastly boosting the final average?

because this two threads are hilarious.

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

most of the flaws in the gow reviews seem to be nitpicks

"to hard" - you suck.
"camera zooms out too far" - really? they do this to show the games amazing scale...
"sexist" - it's a video game.
"kratos is not as angry or the same as in other GOW titles" - really? most reviews of GOW3 hated the fact that he was a 1 dimensional character now they saying this shit? lol.
"repetitive" - Just like every other hack and slash amiryte?
"milking the franchise" - yet for other series this is fine?

Xenostar said:

pezus said:
StaleCheetos said:
JayWood2010 said:
Aldro said:
JayWood2010 said:
think-man said:
Why do we need to talk about this? its only 2 points behind M$.....Big deal.

5 of the 8 games from MSFT above 80.  4 above 85.  2 above 90.   One below 80.  one beloe 70 which is what drags it down.  

Sony's list has been consistent with mediocre games whil MSFT had a mediocre and a bad game.  The rest was not.

And that's taking like what?

2012 of the PS3 vs 2010, 2011 and 2012 of the 360

xD

Yes.  Ive also said that im not happy with microsoft.  Neither one of them has done great in recent years but people defending these games and then attacking the other company are looking childish.  Ill say right now that MSFT needs to step up with being more consistent with core releases. Im not going to defend that and play damage control

Sony has been releasing way too many mediocre games and they need to step that up.  I expect the NeXbox and PS4 to fix this problem.  Also im expecting the last of us to be good

But is it necessarily a bad thing that Sony is releasing more games? You have to remember that different people have different tastes. A game that you consider mediocre might be a masterpiece to a different person. So should we let meta scores decide what is mediocre? and since when is a average 70s score mediocre? I swear if Sony wasn't releasing as many games people would be quick to jump on the "PS3 has no gamez" train again.

Also some other sincere questions, that I hope you will answer honestly. Is there a reason you chose the number 8? Was there no alterior motive as to why you chose a specific range of games? I know, I know, you are probably thinking "wow, witch hunt much?" But Iv'e got to admit you've gotten good at what you do. Not really a compliment though. Please refrain from obvious reply "and what is it exactly that i'm good at? 

He chose 8 because Uncharted 3 was #9 and would've changed the score quite significantly. 

Around the Network
Aldro said:

You and your Uncharted gifs

Deyon said:
Aldro said:

You and your Uncharted gifs

pezus said:
JayWood2010 said:
VGKing said:
JayWood2010 said:
VGKing said:
God of War Ascension isn't even released yet. That review score isn't even final. BTW, I wouldn't call LBP Karting a "core" game. Might as well include Wonderbook in there. Nice try though.

if i remove LBP Karting then im removing fable the journey.  Your decision

Sony's 1st party lineup consists of a combination of Nintendo/Microsoft. There's the Uncharteds and then there's the LittleBigPlanet Kartings. The thing is that Sony is trying to please everyone, and not every game will be universally praised. Do you understand that?

A game that would be considered a core game on a Nintendo platform such as a Karting game might not be considered as such on the PS3.

They are releasing way to many mediocre games consisstently.  This isnt knocking on uncharted(Amazing) and LBP (Great game).

Do you understand that this is a problem that they have an entire years worth of games that has been mediocre and has done poorly in sales and critically.  GoWA will sell well but this is a dissappoinment and will likely hurt them

Dude, you need to stop using the word mediocre about games with scores of 70-85...

Thanks to you and the other like 30 posts saying the same thing, new thread time XD

pezus said:
J_Allard said:
Jay520 said:
J_Allard said:
This is why I prefer quality over quantity.

What are you implying, my good sir?

That a steady stream of exclusives doesn't mean much if they are all C/B grade games.

Yes, it does, actually if they also have a lot of grade A games. You're looking at one year only for Sony here vs. 3 years for MS...Take 3 Sony years and you will see a lot of games with amazing scores.

No sorry, they still don't mean much. And who said anything about MS being different? This applies to all 3 of them.

metacritic should do like everything else with ratings. it kills one and toss out the highest and lowest reviews. halo for example with one reviewers throwing up a 20 for nothing more than hes probably one of those people that post m$ in forums all day. that would kill one overzealous lover and one hater.

halo would go from 87 to 91 that easy if my math was correct