By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3's Last 8 core 1st party retail games Average 79 Metacritic - We need to talk

Aldro said:
PureDante said:
JayWood2010 said:
pokoko said:
Only one bad game there, maybe two. Those are mostly B-level games, as well.

Wait, you're including God of War Ascension after only three reviews? Look,I'm kind of tired right now, let's just pretend I posted a facepalm picture. That way no one gets hurt.

18 reviews

they're nearly at 30 right now. those reviews are bullshit, "sense of deja vu." if only they reviewed call of duty that way. 

Anyway, I don't believe Sony's investing into their first party nearly as much with the soon-to-be-launched ps4 and all. any 1st party games now are just fillers for the next gen. 

Even The last of us :(?

Yes, especially the last of us and beyond two souls as well. They're both going to be great games, but they're just fillers for current ps3 owners IMO, and not meant to drag in new console owners, unlike games like uncharted that make consumers want to purchase a new system. 

All of this, of course, is just my opinion.

Skyrim 100%'d. Dark Souls 100%'d. 
Dark Souls > Skyrim.
Halo 4 is the best damn FPS since Halo 3.
Proud pre-orderer of 2 PS4's and an Xbox One. 

Currently Playing: Dark Souls II, South Park
Playstation 4: MGS V GZ, Killzone: Shadow Fall, NBA 2k14.

Around the Network

I stopped caring about metacritic scores long agoas my tastes don't always line up with them.

JayWood2010 said:
Aldro said:
JayWood2010 said:
think-man said:
Why do we need to talk about this? its only 2 points behind M$.....Big deal.

5 of the 8 games from MSFT above 80.  4 above 85.  2 above 90.   One below 80.  one beloe 70 which is what drags it down.  

Sony's list has been consistent with mediocre games whil MSFT had a mediocre and a bad game.  The rest was not.

And that's taking like what?

2012 of the PS3 vs 2010, 2011 and 2012 of the 360

xD

Yes.  Ive also said that im not happy with microsoft.  Neither one of them has done great in recent years but people defending these games and then attacking the other company are looking childish.  Ill say right now that MSFT needs to step up with being more consistent with core releases. Im not going to defend that and play damage control

Sony has been releasing way too many mediocre games and they need to step that up.  I expect the NeXbox and PS4 to fix this problem.  Also im expecting the last of us to be good

But is it necessarily a bad thing that Sony is releasing more games? You have to remember that different people have different tastes. A game that you consider mediocre might be a masterpiece to a different person. So should we let meta scores decide what is mediocre? and since when is a average 70s score mediocre? I swear if Sony wasn't releasing as many games people would be quick to jump on the "PS3 has no gamez" train again.

Also some other sincere questions, that I hope you will answer honestly. Is there a reason you chose the number 8? Was there no alterior motive as to why you chose a specific range of games? I know, I know, you are probably thinking "wow, witch hunt much?" But Iv'e got to admit you've gotten good at what you do. Not really a compliment though. Please refrain from obvious reply "and what is it exactly that i'm good at? 

How convenient - PSN games aren't included even though Journey got a retail release.

StaleCheetos said:
JayWood2010 said:
Aldro said:
JayWood2010 said:
think-man said:

5 of the 8 games from MSFT above 80.  4 above 85.  2 above 90.   One below 80.  one beloe 70 which is what drags it down.  

Sony's list has been consistent with mediocre games whil MSFT had a mediocre and a bad game.  The rest was not.

xD

Yes.  Ive also said that im not happy with microsoft.  Neither one of them has done great in recent years but people defending these games and then attacking the other company are looking childish.  Ill say right now that MSFT needs to step up with being more consistent with core releases. Im not going to defend that and play damage control

Sony has been releasing way too many mediocre games and they need to step that up.  I expect the NeXbox and PS4 to fix this problem.  Also im expecting the last of us to be good

But is it necessarily a bad thing that Sony is releasing more games? You have to remember that different people have different tastes. A game that you consider mediocre might be a masterpiece to a different person. So should we let meta scores decide what is mediocre? and since when is a average 70s score mediocre? I swear if Sony wasn't releasing as many games people would be quick to jump on the "PS3 has no gamez" train again.

Also some other sincere questions, that I hope you will answer honestly. Is there a reason you chose the number 8? Was there no alterior motive as to why you chose a specific range of games? I know, I know, you are probably thinking "wow, witch hunt much?" But Iv'e got to admit you've gotten good at what you do. Not really a compliment though. Please refrain from obvious reply "and what is it exactly that i'm good at? 

Ill reply to this one since it is a reasonable question.  As I said i'm annoyed by both sony and MSFT  at this point.  Nintendo is in the same boat.  

I predicted a rating of 86-91 for GoWA.  You can even go into Aldro's thread as of earlier today and you can see me and his conversation.  He was worried and I was confident this would be a great game. Then the reviews came and I realized it is another game that i expected to be good that has fell short. So i sat there and was thinking how many games in a row has this been by sony that they have messed up with?  So I searched all of 2012's games up until now and found out they had messed up all last year.

My intentions was to get people to talk about that, not comparing them to MSFT or Nintendo.  As far as a witch hunt I find loyalists to be hilarious so i do poke fun at them often.  People do not admit that Sony has been releasing lackluster games but instead defends them while still attacking the other consoles. That i dont understand.

Around the Network

In the other thread it took Microsoft almost three years to release 8 core games PS3 did this in 2012. The lowest rated core game was a 73. For a company producing so many first party games it is good to see that kind of quality.

I think the biggest problem with reviewers is that they tend to give free passes to simple games. Limbo at 91? Castle Crashers at 88?

JayWood2010 said:
...derp...

What about the Ratchet & Clank: Collection? That released late 2012 and has a score of 83.

JayWood2010 said:
StaleCheetos said:

Ill reply to this one since it is a reasonable question.  As I said i'm annoyed by both sony and MSFT  at this point.  Nintendo is in the same boat.  

I predicted a rating of 86-91 for GoWA.  You can even go into Aldro's thread as of earlier today and you can see me and his conversation.  He was worried and I was confident this would be a great game. Then the reviews came and I realized it is another game that i expected to be good that has fell short. So i sat there and was thinking how many games in a row has this been by sony that they have messed up with?  So I searched all of 2012's games up until now and found out they had messed up all last year.

My intentions was to get people to talk about that, not comparing them to MSFT or Nintendo.  As far as a witch hunt I find loyalists to be hilarious so i do poke fun at them often.  People do not admit that Sony has been releasing lackluster games but instead defends them while still attacking the other consoles. That i dont understand.

While I agree that we should stay critical about the games that are released, I also think that it can be done in a better manner to not intentionally upset a certain crowd or group. We need to make this a better community and refrain from turning into a flamefest battle royale forum. 

JayWood2010 said:
StaleCheetos said:
JayWood2010 said:
Aldro said:
JayWood2010 said:
think-man said:

xD

I think just about anyone would say like last year was the worst year of the PS3 since. But what I dont understand is why we need to admit anything when the 360 has a far worse scenario where the games are average 1 point up or so whereas its 8 games are divided upon several YEARS (like 3) whereas the PS3 is full of 1 bad year. Now that is what I dont understand. The fact that the PS3s worse year can compete with 2010-2011-2012 of the 360 is downright ridicilous.

And what about Ratchet & Clank :P