By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Royal PC Gaming Master Race meeting hall

axumblade said:
Also, what is everybody playing right now?

I've been playing SimCity (no server issues) personally but now that I have a -$5000 per hour debt, I'm kinda avoiding facing defeat...

Well the past couple days I've been trying out GameCube/Wii and PS2 emulation. I'm up at collage and don't have enough room for my legacy systems. I couldn't get PSP isos to work on PPSSPP so if someone knows what I'm doing wrong with that please fill me in.

In anticipation for Age of the Empires II HD I've been messing around with the original. Such a fun game.

The title should be changed to "Royal PC Fun Zone: The Kings are going wild." Let's start the party!

Around the Network
axumblade said:

I've been playing SimCity (no server issues) personally but now that I have a -$5000 per hour debt, I'm kinda avoiding facing defeat...

Heart of the Swarm, it's not that great so far TBH I think the writing might be even more hockey than WoL and the early missions feel too much like tutorial levels. Also the cutscenes are encoded at a rather low quality with is lame, microblocking all over the place.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zarx said:
axumblade said:

Heart of the Swarm, it's not that great so far TBH I think the writing might be even more hockey than WoL and the early missions feel too much like tutorial levels. Also the cutscenes are encoded at a rather low quality with is lame, microblocking all over the place.

What rank did you get to in WoL?

blizzards imo kind of lost what made their story's unique. For instance, the older starcrafts had a B-movie vibe, like john carpenter-esque imo. The new ones are like a plot between the new Final Fantasy's and Gears of War.

@Axum, I'm playing Tomb Raider still, and The Witcher 1 again, with enhanced combat mod! The amount of banging people is a bit ludicrous! TW2 brings it down to a more acceptable level. haha

ishiki said:

blizzards imo kind of lost what made their story's unique. For instance, the older starcrafts had a B-movie vibe, like john carpenter-esque imo. The new ones are like a plot between the new Final Fantasy's and Gears of War.

@Axum, I'm playing Tomb Raider still, and The Witcher 1 again, with enhanced combat mod! The amount of banging people is a bit ludicrous! TW2 brings it down to a more acceptable level. haha

Oh I suck so Silver lol, I have never been big into competitive multiplayer anyway. 

The writing is pretty lame I mean Starcraft 1 wasn't exactly a great narrative, it was a sort of campy B-Movie sci-fi. but the fact that they have gone extra cheesy with an all story ancient prophecy plot with SC2's arc, with groan inducing dialog just to rub it in. Focusing the story on the charcters and their relationships was kinda a mistake when they clearly struggle to write compelling dialog was a mistake, I mean people like the SC characters (me included) but they can't really carry the narritve (at least not how they are written in 2, maybe with a writer that could do good dialog they could) and the background plot is just not that interesting. And I honestly can't think of a single compelling new character from SC2.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

zarx said:
ishiki said:

Oh I suck so Silver lol, I have never been big into competitive multiplayer anyway. 

The writing is pretty lame I mean Starcraft 1 wasn't exactly a great narrative, it was a sort of campy B-Movie sci-fi. but the fact that they have gone extra cheesy with an all story ancient prophecy plot with SC2's arc, with groan inducing dialog just to rub it in. Focusing the story on the charcters and their relationships was kinda a mistake when they clearly struggle to write compelling dialog was a mistake, I mean people like the SC characters (me included) but they can't really carry the narritve (at least not how they are written in 2, maybe with a writer that could do good dialog they could) and the background plot is just not that interesting. And I honestly can't think of a single compelling new character from SC2.

I got to diamond at one point, haven't played it in like 6 months, though, Why'd you buy HoTS, impulse? haha.

Around the Network

I will take credit for this threads recent boom. Please change my membership status to "active member. "

ishiki said:

I got to diamond at one point, haven't played it in like 6 months, though, Why'd you buy HoTS, impulse? haha.

No impulse control lol 

I actually do enjoy SC2's gameplay the campaign had some interesting twists and I had some fun with the multiplayer when I did play it, especially when I got some freinds together (me and one of my freinds got to Diamond in doubles lol tho that is not that impressive). And I knew i was going to play it eventually anyway, I don't know if I will be convincing anyone to jump into HotS tho so I don't think I will be playing all that multiplayer, might check out the custom map scene tho. 

The campaign of HotS is kinda picking up in the gameplay department at least, at least i am having some fun with it. Playing on Hard at the moment and have only lost when I have done something really stupid like forget to build reinforcements or left my base completely undefended. And there is always the Blizzard trademark CGI, even if that is mared by the godawful encoding they use. Would it kill them to use some H.264 or something? What makes it worse most of the cutscenes are prerendered inengine deals which combined with the low quality video also have odd shadow and alpha texture issues mixed in so look real shitty.

Sigh

@TheVoxelman on twitter

JoeTheBro said:
I will take credit for this threads recent boom. Please change my membership status to "active member. "

OK lol, active member it is. It was starting to get a bit sad with just me talking to myself, tho that kinda fits into my new "mad king" persona.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Quick question: Who here is playing Planetside 2 and if you're not, why not?

Also while I am bitching about SC2, why the fuck is campaign progress and achievements tied to which multiplayer server you are logged into?

@TheVoxelman on twitter