By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would it be better for the GAMERS if Nintendo became software only?

Would it be better for the customers if Nintendo became a 3rd party?

Yes, then I wouldn't hav... 167 33.67%

No, because we need more ... 289 58.27%

Yo Mama 40 8.06%

Total:496

I wasn't going to make a hate-filled reply, all I was going to say was this:

If we go with this type of logic then we might as well say the whole gaming industry would be better off if MS, Sony, and Nintendo all just got along and made one console with every single game on it. Which wouldn't work. (Not trying to say your idea is bad... it's just not such a great one. It just wouldn't work, nor make sense.)

Around the Network

Nintendo hardware is designed with their games in mind. Games on other platforms are designed with the hardware in mind.
Its a totally different method of creation, and Nintendo need not change.

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

Nintendo games are very addictive and you could spend hours on end playing them. Imagine how many Xbox 360s you would get through ;)

Not exactly. I doubt they will have the same "freedom" in another company's hardware than their own one, which will affect the quality of the software.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Monopolies are bad. Competition is good, so no. But it would be more convenient and cheaper.

Around the Network

I'd say......no.

1. Some of Nintendo hardware is designed specifically for their 1st party titles. No Nintendo hardware means no brilliantly mindblowing Nintendo games.

2.I'm sure that the people that actually want to play Nintendo games are already on the Nintendo fanbase. Unless they buy another console thinking that they could get Nintendo games on it. (My little cousins, so sad.)

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Yes Yes Yes... and another YES.

Just go SOFTWARE ONLY. Maybe let Sony acquire you or something. I would actually be WILLING to buy your games, as long as they were on a Playstation console. You get playstation quality hardware and nintendo quality first party titles.

I'm not wasting money on a console just to play 2 or 3 mario games. Not going to happen. Thanks nintendo!

i think somebody secretly dreams about owning a WiiU.

If WiiU currently was indicative of all Nintendo's consoles I would agree with this.
However, if that had been the case there would have been no Wii and millions of people (like myself) would never have ever bought a game console or been brought into the industry. MS/Sony wouldn't have needed to respond to Wii's success or ever thought outside of the very narrow and limiting 'core' base.

Wii/DS almost certainly also paved the way for smartphones functionality (tilt control/touch screen) that has become the biggest thing to ever happen to gaming. Never have so many people, played so many games, across so many devices.

No. I want Nintendo to keep doing their own unique thing. They are leaders and not followers and we need more leaders (even when they occasionally get lost).

Captain_Tom said:
NotSalnax said:
The problem is, a lot of Nintendo games are designed with specific kinds of hardware in mind. The most notable example is stuff like Super Mario 64, which would have been virtually unplayable on a Saturn or original PlayStation controller. So if Nintendo went software only, we'd see a decline in the creativity and quality of Nintendo products.

Would it be worth getting Nintendo on your third party friendly platform if it meant sacrificing what makes Nintendo games capable of moving hardware single-handedly?

LOL How?  They added dual analogs very quickly, and I have played that game using the directionals on an xperia play with no problems whatsoever.  

IMO, Nintendo controlers have always been a complete mess with the exception of the Wii, Wii U considering those ones are debatable. 

That's why he said original controller. Super Mario 64 was designed for the analog stick, the Playstation wasn't.