By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - SimCity 67 metacritic so far

I desperately want this game.
The thing is I have no clue about PC specs, system requirements and so on. I own a cheap laptop (Packard Bell EasyNote TE 15.6", I believe) and I think the CPU type is Intel Celeron. The only game I have ever played on it is Sim City 4.

I believe I need a more powerful PC to play this game. Am I right?

Around the Network

This is the first game I will be getting on my new PC

Why are cities so small then? That sucks, in city building games I love to build enormous cities.

But the reason, is it because of the connected world, or will they sell increased land through micro-transactions or something?

Screw this game.

It's bad enough I have to deal with Origin but now I can't play my game. I don't care about playing with other people, I just want to play the game. Complete failure as far as I see it.

This game looks right up my alley, I want it badly.

But, the always online thing really irks me for some reason. I dunno, but it seems really really sleezy.

Plus all the failures with the servers. I will wait it out.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
Mummelmann said:
Over 90 on metacritic, that probably means that I'll love it, just all the other 90+ games we've seen in the past few years (and lord knows there's been a lot of them).
I simply refuse to purchase this on the grounds of Origin and my refusal is further strenghtened by the always online aspect, something that ruined Diablo III and is the most base and unfair copy protection in recent history.

Why did it ruin Diablo 3? I haven't played it yet but I've been thinking of buying it.

they do maintenace every tuesday or thursday i think. Sometimes their servers are down all day that day or large parts of it. That means you cant even play single player. for me it killed it as that was my day off.

Nice, will be getting this on Steam when it launches on Friday!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
Nice, will be getting this on Steam when it launches on Friday!

It's not available on Steam sadly. Just Origin.

Signature goes here!

Origin means no buy. Screw EA, I'll never support any of their destructive bs.

Looks good but always online is a big turn off for what is to me a single player game, especially with Origin being the background service and EA running the show.

But saying that its not on any piracy sites that I can see so I guess the strategy is working.