By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony Japan president: PS Vita sales have increased four-fold

This needs to be a worldwide price cut and then the true effects of it will be seen

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network

Why don't we just wait for the numbers? I think that first week numbers aren't that important, the important number is the new baseline in three-four weeks, and how much it improves over the lackluster sales it had before the pricecut.

So the verdict is: still doooooooomed!

The problem is... 44 k would be ok, but that figure won´t be steady. That was just for the price drop, a lot of people waited for it before purchasing and many shops probably didn´t have a bid stock of Vitas. Expect on the next weeks,  numbers lowering again to something around 25 k. Now, if they have included a good memory card with the console, maybe more people would have bought it.

I didn't know from where the guys here comes with 40k.

I translatede what was said and used the VGC data... my maths are close to 80k.

Near 80k with SOLD OUT status every place is AMAZING!

Around the Network

It seems to have sold 65k according to siliconera

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/06/this-week-in-sales-playstation-vita-price-cut-and-dynasty-warriors-8/

3DS FC :  4339 - 3326 - 7693. Add me :) Nickname Tin

pezus said:
tbone51 said:
Just check 3DS #'s for japan only.

2 weeks prior to price cut= 16,165
1 week prior to price cut= 3,928
Price Cut Week (no games)= 206,065

it was about 12 or 13 times more than two weeks prior with no major releases.

Yes, and they cut the price by how much and when? This price cut comes "too late", while 3DS had a price cut only months after release and it was a much bigger one too. It had no competition either selling 70-80k per week

vita has the biggest price cut buddy, if it was dollars instead of yen [3DS $250-$170] [Vita $250-$200 but other model $300-$200]